This is a simple and delicious salad that is a cinch to throw together. It’s a refreshing meal for a hot summer day. I got this recipe from the food demo booth at Publix. They were handing out samples of this salad. I got all the ingredients and made it last night when I got home. So good!!
Chickpea Artichoke Salad
1/2 cup canned quartered artichokes, finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 bag baby arugula ( I used watercress because I love it, too)
1/2 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Chop artichokes and onion. Combine arugula(or watercress), chickpeas, onions and artichokes. Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended, add to salad. Toss and serve.
- 1/2 cup canned quartered artichokes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 bag baby arugula I also used watercress because I love it, too
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Chop artichokes and onion.
- Combine arugula and/or watercress, chickpeas, onions and artichokes.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended; add to salad. Toss and serve.