Kale salad is incredibly delicious and I eat it a lot. But this easy kale salad recipe is, hands-down, my favorite kale salad to date. The flavors in this salad blend together so beautifully and the dates, cheese and nuts provide the perfect contrast in texture.
Don’t skip the kale massage before assembling your salad. I promise, giving your kale a rub-down makes all the difference in the texture of the leaves! I found the original recipe on Epicurious, but made a few flavor-inhancing changes to the dressing. It’s a keeper.
I hope you love this easy kale salad recipe as much as I do!
- 2 bunches of kale rinsed, patted dry, stalks & stems removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 dates pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan use the good stuff!
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Wash, rinse and pat kale dry, gently pressing leaves to soak up remaining water
- Cut leaves away from hard stalk, then chop leaves into small, bite-size pieces
- You want to make sure that you only have the soft leaves for your salad, not any firm stalks
- Massage chopped kale with 1/4 cup olive oil for several minutes until leaves are thoroughly coated
- Allow kale to sit for about 30 minutes to soak up the oil
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth
- Pour over kale and mix well
- Add almonds, dates and parmesan, toss and serve
If you like this kale salad recipe, be sure to check out these other favorite kale recipes of mine: