This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A delicious and satisfying BLT salad recipe that's Paleo diet-friendly served with a creamy mayo vinaigrette salad dressing.
I just returned from an amazing trip to Chicago with the Beef It's What's For Dinner group. You'll be hearing more about that soon in an upcoming blog post. I participated in a food challenge at The Chopping Block and the dressing recipe that my teammates and I served with our dish was the inspiration for my lunch today. It was SO good! We created this vinaigrette to go with our Cobb Sirloin Kebabs. Check out that recipe and let me know what you think. We thought it was a winner! It helps that I had a pretty awesome cooking team. 😉
This creamy mayo vinaigrette is a healthier alternative to ranch dressing. My husband loved it so much, that he insisted that I make another batch. I love BLT's and this is all of that delicious goodness sans bread, so it's Paleo-friendly (when made with my Paleo mayo recipe).
How To Make BLT Salad with Creamy Mayo Vinaigrette
*makes 2 servings
Ingredients For The Salad:
½ head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and chopped
12 San Marzano tomatoes, sliced
1 ripe avocado, diced
6 strips of cooked bacon, chopped into pieces
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
4 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise (or use a regular mayo with an olive oil blend)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
½ tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
sea salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk all dressing ingredients together and serve with salad.
BLT Salad with Creamy Mayo Vinaigrette
- ½ head iceberg lettuce rinsed and chopped
- 12 San Marzano tomatoes sliced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 6 strips of cooked bacon chopped into pieces
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Vegan/Paleo-friendly mayonnaise or use a regular mayo with an olive oil blend
- 1 ⅓ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh dill finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh chives finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Layer salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and serve with salad