This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I’m so excited to be writing my first Recipe Redux post!! This month’s theme is all about cooking once and eating twice to stretch your cooking efforts into a double dinner. I knew right away that I would make this Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Salad. I always have leftover steak and chicken, since I usually grill in bulk to have extra lean meats on hand.
The Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade that I posted back in 2012 was one of my most pinned recipes. It’s so crazy how some of my easiest recipes are the most popular! I guess that we all love an “easy button”, right?! I love this marinade because it’s from made from scratch, with minimal ingredients, and gives an incredible flavor to beef or chicken. You can alternately use lemon in place of the lime in the marinade.
How do I usually use leftovers? Well, we love big, hearty salads for dinner because they are quick and nutritious. I’m big on contrasting textures and flavors and this chicken and asparagus salad is the perfect blend. Don’t skip the pine nuts, they add a nice flavor and crunch to the dish. Enjoy. 🙂
Grilled Chicken & Asparagus Salad With Lemon Balsamic VinaigrettePrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/2 cups leftover grilled chicken skins removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch of asparagus about 1 lb
- 5 oz mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon about 1 tsp
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse asparagus, pat dry and remove the ends.
- Place asparagus on a shallow roasting pan and toss with 2 tbsp EVOO, then sprinkle with coarse salt
- Roast for about 15 min until lightly golden (cook time will depend on the thickness of the asparagus, so check them after the first 10 mins.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and toast pine nuts, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly golden, this usually takes less than a minute. Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, honey, dijon and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Fill a large salad bowl with mixed greens.
- Chop roasted asparagus into thirds and place on top of greens.
- Add chopped grilled chicken, then sprinkle pine nuts over top.
- Drizzle lemon vinaigrette dressing on top, toss and serve immediately.