If you love spinach and artichoke dip, then you’re going to love this Slow Cooker Artichoke & Spinach Chicken recipe made with chopped chicken breasts. I was browsing the internet looking for new dinner inspiration with some ingredients that I already had on-hand.
I typed my main ingredients into Google and a recipe for Crockpot Chicken, Artichoke & Spinach came up from Small Wallet Big Appetite. I knew that it was destined to be our dinner! There were a few ingredient changes to suit our taste buds and the cooking time was reduced to 4 1/2 hours. It’s just long enough to cook the chicken perfectly, without the texture turning to shredded chicken mush (which happens with so many crockpot recipes).
Having the chicken chopped up before cooking reduces the cooking time. It’s great served over whole grain angel hair pasta or brown rice.
Creamy Slow-Cooker Artichoke & Spinach Chicken
*Adapted from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of all liquid
- 12 oz bag frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Place all ingredients into the crockpot and stir well.
- Set crockpot to low and cook 30 minutes, stir ingredients well to combine.
- Cook for another 4 hours on low, then switch to warm until ready to serve.