A simple and easy light Reuben wrap sandwich recipe made with sliced deli roast beef, baby swiss cheese, red cabbage, homemade thousand island dressing rolled up in a high fiber wrap. This protein-packed recipe is perfect for lunch meal prep!
The Best Tortillas For A Wrap Sandwich
There are several things that I look for in a tortilla wrap to build a healthier wrap sandwich. I always go for wraps that are high in fiber (at least 6 grams or more), lower in carbs (under 15 grams) and have around 5 grams or more of protein.
I love the Tumaro's Carb Wise tortillas (not sponsored) and use them often for wrap sandwiches, quesadillas, tacos, etc. They don't have a strange texture or taste like some other lower-carb wraps. They also have a pretty awesome macronutrient profile with only 60 calories per wrap, 5 net carbs, 5 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber. For another option, I also like the FlatOut wraps and have used them quite a bit for flatbread pizzas and wraps.
*I used Tumaro's brand low carb protein wraps to calculate the nutrition information for this recipe.
How To Make A Low Carb Reuben Wrap Sandwich
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe (Serves 1)
- 1 low carb high fiber wrap
- 3 oz Boar's Head low-sodium roast beef (thinly sliced)
- 1 slice of baby swiss cheese (can go with reduced-fat to lower calories)
- ¼ cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp thousand island dressing (homemade or store-bought)
To Assemble The Wrap Sandwich
Starting with the roast beef, layer ingredients in the center of the tortilla wrap. If you are making these for meal prep, you can leave off the dressing so they don't get soggy and add when you're ready to eat. Wrap in foil or sandwich paper and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in a sealed container.
If you're a sauerkraut fan, you can also add some gut-friendly fermented cabbage for a nice probiotic boost. The live bacteria in good-quality fermented kraut is great for digestive health.
Low-Carb Reuben Wrap Sandwich
- 3 oz Boar's Head low-sodium roast beef thinly sliced
- 1 low carb high fiber wrap *such as Tumaros brand
- 1 slice of baby swiss cheese
- ¼ cup red cabbage finely shredded
- 2 tbsp thousand island dressing *homemade or store-bought
- Layer ingredients in the wrap, roll up and enjoy