Do you love breakfast for dinner? How about dinner for breakfast? These Pepper Steak Breakfast Burritos are delicious any time of day!
We love eating breakfast foods for supper, especially eggs! When it comes to breakfast, most of us try to keep things quick and easy because of busy morning schedules. Savory oats are trending, along with bringing more traditional dinner items into the breakfast routine.
Our theme for The Recipe Redux this month is bringing a fun twist on dinner for breakfast, while keeping it nutritious, simple and protein-packed. The goal is to keep you fueled with energy to get your day off to an epic start. Do you have a favorite non-traditional morning meal?
I decided on a pepper steak breakfast burrito that combines lean steak, fresh peppers, onions, and eggs for a protein-rich meal.
Tips For Making Pepper Steak Breakfast Burritos
To make this meal even faster in the am, sauté your onions and peppers the night before. Put them in a sealed container in the refrigerator and you'll just pop them into the microwave in the morning to reheat.
Top sirloin that's sliced really thin cooks very quickly, so it's the perfect accompaniment to scrambled eggs for a breakfast on-the-run. I always go for a whole grain or corn tortilla to boost the nutrition quality of the meal. The ones that I used for this recipe were low-carb whole wheat tortillas from La Tortilla Factory with 90 calories, 13 g fiber, and 8 grams of protein per tortilla. Not bad!
My kids love anything that can be rolled up into a flour tortilla, so it makes a nice kid-friendly meal. You can also throw in a little queso fresco for all of you cheese lovers out there.
If you love hearty breakfast recipes packed with protein, don't miss these other favorites!
Pepper Steak Breakfast Burritos
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 lb top sirloin sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 6 whole grain flour tortillas
- Salsa for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (cast iron works great). Add peppers and onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minutes until onions begin to caramelize and peppers have softened. Remove veggies from pan and add steak. Turn heat to med-high and cook steak until lightly browned, this only takes a minute or so on higher heat if sliced thin. Add peppers and onions back to skillet and place in the warm oven to keep warm while you scramble your eggs. Heat another skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil spray. Combine eggs with egg whites and whisk until blended. Pour eggs into pan and scramble until cooked through. Fill each tortilla with an even amount of eggs, then top with steak and pepper blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add salsa and fresh avocado if desired.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023