This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This homemade guacamole recipe is made from ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, fresh cilantro lime juice… and a secret ingredient that makes the perfect guacamole seasoning for awesome guacamole! This is the best guacamole I’ve ever had!
I have a new favorite fresh guacamole recipe to share with you and the perfect guacamole seasoning that makes it sing.
This awesome guacamole recipe (it definitely lives up to it’s name!) comes from a local Mexican restaurant that serves freshly made guacamole, prepared at your table. I asked the waiter to share what ingredients they put in their signature guacamole. It was so dang good.
The waiter had a small ramekin filled with juice that he added to the mixture. He said that it was their “secret ingredient”. What was this perfect guacamole seasoning that made it over-the-top delicious?! He shared with me that it was pickled jalapeño juice from a jar of jalapeños. So interesting!
I would have never thought of using jalapeño pickle juice. It really is incredible when combined with fresh lime juice and the right blend of seasonings. It added the perfect flavor punch to the fresh guacamole. I have been using jalapeño juice in my guacamole ever since and always get compliments on this recipe. It’s one of my favorite go-to party recipes.
This awesome guacamole recipe is my re-creation of the incredible “secret ingredient” guacamole that I can’t stop craving. I’ve found the perfect guacamole seasoning to take my fresh guacamole to a whole new level. I hope you’ll try it, too!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves hard stems removed
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion red or white
- juice of one small lime
- 1/2-1 tbsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- *optional for heat: 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- Slice each avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out flesh and place in a medium size bowl; use a fork and mash to combine. (a pastry blender works great for this) or in a mortar and pestle. Work remaining ingredients in until well mixed and serve.
You can serve the awesome guacamole as a dip, of course, but it’s delicious in burritos or as a topping on grilled fish.
Want more awesome guacamole recipes to try? Check out all of these delicious homemade guacamole recipes from other great food bloggers!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019
- The Best Roasted Vegetable Salad - November 5, 2019
- Pumpkin Oat Flour Pancakes Made With Kefir - October 31, 2019