Awesome guacamole is homemade guacamole, made from ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, fresh cilantro lime juice… and a secret ingredient! This is the best guacamole I’ve ever had!
I have a new favorite fresh guacamole recipe to share!
This awesome guacamole recipe comes from a local Mexican restaurant that serves delicious guacamole, prepared at your table. I asked the waiter to share what ingredients they put in it, and the secret ingredient is pickled jalapeno juice. Brilliant!!
So here’s my re-creation of the incredible guacamole I can’t stop craving….
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves hard stems removed
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion red or white
- juice of one small lime
- 1/2-1 tbsp pickled jalapeno juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- *optional for heat: 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- Slice each avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out flesh and place in a medium size bowl; use a fork and mash to combine. (a pastry blender works great for this) or in a mortar and pestle. Work remaining ingredients in until well mixed and serve.
You can serve the awesome guacamole as a dip, of course, but it’s delicious in burritos or as a topping on grilled fish.
Want more awesome guacamole recipes to try? Check out all of these delicious homemade guacamole recipes from other great food bloggers!