This homemade guacamole dip recipe is made from ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, fresh cilantro lime juice... and a secret ingredient that takes your guacamole to a whole new level. This is the best guacamole I've ever had!
I have a new favorite fresh guacamole recipe to share with you and the perfect seasoning ingredient that makes it sing.
This guacamole dip recipe comes from a local Mexican restaurant that prepares it fresh at your table. I asked the waiter to share what ingredients they put in their signature guacamole. It was so dang good.
The waiter had a small ramekin filled with juice that he added to the mixture. He said that it was their "secret ingredient". What was this perfect guacamole seasoning that made it over-the-top delicious?! He shared with me that it was pickled jalapeño juice from a jar of jalapeños.
I would have never thought of using jalapeño pickle juice. It really is incredible when combined with fresh lime juice and the right blend of seasonings. It added the perfect flavor punch to the fresh guacamole. I have been using jalapeño juice in my guacamole ever since and always get compliments on this recipe. It's one of my favorite go-to party recipes.
This guacamole recipe is my re-creation of the incredible "secret ingredient" guacamole that I can't stop craving. I've found the perfect guacamole seasoning to take my fresh guacamole to a whole new level. If you try it, let me know what you think!
You can serve the awesome guacamole as a dip, of course, but it's delicious in burritos or as a topping on grilled fish.
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves hard stems removed
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion red or white
- juice of one small lime
- ½-1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- *optional for heat: ½ jalapeno seeded and diced
- Slice each avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out flesh and place in a medium-size bowl; use a fork and mash to combine. (a pastry blender works great for this) or in a mortar and pestle.
- Work remaining ingredients in until well mixed and serve.