This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A flavorful whipped Greek feta dip made with Greek yogurt, whipped cream cheese, crumbled feta, herbs, and fresh lemon juice. This dip recipe makes a great party appetizer or a tasty sandwich spread on pita bread or wraps!
How To Make Greek Feta Dip
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- A tub of whipped cream cheese
- Crumbled feta cheese
- A lemon
- Fresh dill weed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried oregano (can also use fresh)
- Cherry or Roma tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Salt and pepper
This Greek dip and sandwich spread recipe is super easy to make. You can whip this up in less than 10 minutes! All you need is a good knife and cutting board (for chopping herbs and tomatoes), a juicer and Microplane grating tool (for the zest), and a hand-held mixer or stand mixer for whipping it up. I'll link to a couple of my favorite products at the bottom of the post for juicing and zesting. They are essentials in my kitchen and I use them ALL THE TIME. The Microplane is great for so many things, including grating hard cheeses, nutmeg, citrus, etc.
After zesting and juicing the lemon, set aside 1 tsp zest and 2 tbsp of juice. Chop tomatoes and dill and set aside. Add all ingredients, except olives and tomatoes, into the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl for a hand-held mixer. Blend until mixed but some chunkier pieces of feta remain. Pour into a serving bowl and top with tomatoes, olives, and extra fresh dill weed.
How To Serve Greek Feta Dip
My favorite things to serve with this dip:
- Pita chips
- Cucumbers, sliced into rounds
- Red peppers, sliced into strips
- Celery, sliced
- Naan bread
- Sliced pita bread
The flavor profile of this creamy dip makes it great with so many things! My favorite accompaniments are freshly sliced veggies and pita chips.
Other Ways To Use Greek Feta Dip
My husband was making a sandwich wrap for lunch and decided to use this dip for the sandwich spread. He said that it took his deli wrap to a whole new level, so we discovered that this feta dip is amazing as a sandwich spread! Imagine how good a gyro sandwich or wrap would be with a generous spread of this yogurt dip. I'm seriously craving one right now!
I also love this feta dip as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken and steak. Imagine how good it would be on a lamb burger. I'm definitely trying that next!
If you love Greek-inspired dishes, you should also try these Meal Prep Sheet Pan Greek Meatballs with Vegetables and my favorite homemade Greek Salad Dressing.
My favorite products for juicing and zesting (*affiliate link- I may earn a small referral commission at no extra cost to you)
Easy Greek Feta Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 12 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, chopped *and extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes *for garnish (can also use Roma)
- 8 kalamata olives *for garnish
- Zest and juice a fresh lemon and set aside
- Chop fresh dill and tomatoes and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except tomatoes and olives and blend until creamy and mixed but some chunkier pieces of feta remain.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with sliced cherry or Roma tomatoes a sprig of fresh dill and Kalamata olives (chopped or whole)