Mediterranean steaks are a delicious and flavor packed lean beef dinner. They’re tender beef steaks with a mixture of spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomato pesto, and seasonings on top.
Want to jazz up your steaks and impress your guests? These Mediterranean steaks are simple to prepare and full of wonderful flavor. Many lean steak cuts work really well with this recipe. New York Strip, Tenderloin and Top Sirloin steaks are all great choices for cuts of lean beef. Lean beef is an excellent protein source for a healthy and fit lifestyle.
For a delicious and healthy side dish to serve with the Mediterranean steaks, try my herb smashed potatoes!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Mediterranean steaks.
- 4 4-6 oz beef steaks (your cut preference)
- 3 cups fresh spinach stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onions finely diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill then lower temp to medium-high
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat
- Saute onions until they begin to soften, then stir in spinach and cook until wilted and soft
- Add bread crumbs, feta cheese, seasonings and sun-dried tomato pesto
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more until mixture is heated through and well incorporated
- Set aside
- Grill steaks 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare, this depends on the thickness of your steak, so use a meat thermometer to check for doneness
- Medium-rare steaks should be 125 degrees F, 130 for medium
- Preheat the oven broiler and top the cooked steaks with the spinach mixture
- Broil, watching carefully, until topping is heated and just starting to turn lightly golden brown on top
- Serve immediately
*This post was shared by The Beef Checkoff.
Hi, I'm Amee and I'm completely obsessed with recipe makeovers! I am a southern girl raised in South Carolina and currently living in the Charlotte, NC area with my husband and two children. I am a personal trainer, cancer exercise specialist, foodie, recipe developer, freelance content creator and breast cancer survivor.