This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Mediterranean steaks.
- 4 4-6 oz beef steaks (your cut preference)
- 3 cups fresh spinach stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onions finely diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill then lower temp to medium-high
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat
- Saute onions until they begin to soften, then stir in spinach and cook until wilted and soft
- Add bread crumbs, feta cheese, seasonings and sun-dried tomato pesto
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more until mixture is heated through and well incorporated
- Set aside
- Grill steaks 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare, this depends on the thickness of your steak, so use a meat thermometer to check for doneness
- Medium-rare steaks should be 125 degrees F, 130 for medium
- Preheat the oven broiler and top the cooked steaks with the spinach mixture
- Broil, watching carefully, until topping is heated and just starting to turn lightly golden brown on top
- Serve immediately
*This post was shared by The Beef Checkoff.