This homemade Greek salad dressing is a simple Greek vinaigrette dressing made with extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and seasonings. You'll never want to buy dressing again after making this simple and delicious from-scratch version!
I love a good simple homemade salad dressing. Most of the time, a good quality balsamic vinegar with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil is all I need to make me happy. Not to mention, it's super quick and easy. Let me stress the "good quality" part because not all kinds of vinegar are created equal. They can make or break a salad.
I've shared a few of my other favorite dressings on the blog, like this Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing, my all-time Favorite Salad Dressing (obviously), Creamy Mayo Vinaigrette (Paleo-friendly), and Paleo Creamy Balsamic Dressing...so good!!
How To Make A Greek Salad
All that you need to make a really delicious Greek salad is chopped romaine lettuce, kalamata olives, shaved red onions, feta cheese, diced tomatoes, cucumber, and this easy dressing recipe. I also love pepperoncini peppers thrown in there.
How To Make Greek Salad Dressing From Scratch
Greek salad dressing is a basic vinaigrette recipe with Greek seasonings added. You'll need the following ingredients to make this simple, yet incredibly flavorful, dressing recipe:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mediterranean or Greek seasoning blend (such as McCormick brand)
- Fresh garlic
- Seasonings: onion powder, salt, and freshly cracked pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until blended. You can also use a mason jar to mix ingredients. They are perfect for storing extra salad dressing. Drizzle over salad when ready to serve. *Makes about 12 tablespoons of dressing.
All-purpose Greek seasoning is a blend of Mediterranean herbs, usually containing oregano, parsley, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and sometimes additional herbs like rosemary and thyme added to the mix.
If you aren't able to find a Greek or Mediterranean seasoning blend, Italian seasoning is a close combination that could work as a substitute in this recipe.
Greek salad can be a very nutritious meal option when it's loaded with vegetables and drizzled with a heart-healthy homemade Greek salad dressing made with olive oil.
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning such as McCormick
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until blended. Drizzle over salad and serve.
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023