A delicious recipe for lemon balsamic grilled asparagus that makes a quick and easy healthy side dish for your next gathering.
This Lemon Balsamic Grilled Asparagus might be the best asparagus you'll ever eat!! I know that's a large claim, but the lemon white balsamic vinegar used to marinate the asparagus is heavenly!
I purchased this white balsamic vinegar while on vacation in Savannah, GA at Lowcountry Gourmet Foods. They have a wonderful selection of balsamic vinegar and olive oil that you can sample in the store. If you can't find lemon balsamic, just use a very good quality white balsamic vinegar for this recipe.
Good balsamic vinegar is like a fine wine. The longer it's aged, the smoother it tastes. Grape pressings are boiled down to a thick syrup and aged in wooden barrels along with the vinegar "mother". Most of the vinegar that I sampled at Lowcountry Gourmet Foods was so good that I could drink it. I can't wait to pour it on my salads for a healthy and delicious dressing.
Another product that I picked up while shopping was Lime Frost Sea Salt from The Spice and Tea Exchange. It took this recipe to the next level, but again, you can substitute regular sea salt here (still delicious!)
Carrie from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen posted a few delicious recipes for the Lime Frost Sea Salt and I just had to try it for myself. I love experimenting with exotic sea salts and different spice blends in my recipes. They add so much flavor!! Enjoy~
How To Make Lemon Balsamic Grilled Asparagus
Two favorite ingredients for this recipe
Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
Wash asparagus and trim about 1" off the thick end. Place into a 9x13 dish and pour marinade on top. Refrigerate for at least an hour to mingle flavors.
Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, checking frequently so you don't overcook them. They should be tender but still, have a slight crunch. Pour leftover marinade through a fine strainer to remove bits of raw garlic and drizzle over asparagus before serving. Delish!
Lemon Balsamic Grilled Asparagus
- 2 lbs medium size asparagus large enough stalks to place on grill without falling through, plus the thicker asparagus hold up better when grilling
- For the Marinade:
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon gourmet lemon white balsamic vinegar or regular good-quality white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lime frost sea salt or regular coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime zest
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
- Wash asparagus and trim about 1″ off the thick end. Place into a 9×13 dish and pour marinade on top. Refrigerate for at least an hour to mingle flavors.
- Preheat grill and turn heat to medium. Place asparagus directly onto the grill rack. Reserve marinade.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, checking frequently so you don’t overcook them. They should be tender but still have a slight crunch. Pour leftover marinade through a fine strainer to remove bits of raw garlic and drizzle over asparagus before serving.
- Potato and Spinach Saute' - June 1, 2023
- Spicy Tuna Salad - May 29, 2023
- Birthday Cake Protein Bombs - May 22, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
The Harried Cook
I love the lemoniness of this dish! Asparagus and lemon are SO good together and this sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Love this! I usually put garlic and lemon but I've never tried balsamic vinegar. I wish I had your bottle to try! ;D Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Sweetie! <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/p/thursdays-treasures.html
This sounds awesome! I just LOVE asparagus and the flavour combinations you've created here look wonderful!
Thank you ladies! Thank you for stopping by! 🙂
This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today....http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!
i bet my hubby would LOVE this! I need to look in to those awesome salts you have!
Hi Amee,This is my favorite way to have Asparagus, your recipe and your presentation looks awesome! Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.Come Back Soon!Miz Helen
Congratulations!Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a wonderful week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!Come Back Soon,Miz Helen
Miz Helen, thank you so much!!! What an honor! I will treasure my Red Plate! 🙂 Angie and Wendy, thank you!