This delicious Spiralized Summer Zucchini Salad comes from the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso. I love the flavor and texture of the raw zucchini in this dish. The lemon dressing for this salad is very light and tasty, but I love it even more drizzled with a little of my Favorite Salad Dressing. Adding the extra dressing gave this salad the flavor that it needed to make it sing.
You can throw this side dish together quickly for a simple and healthy summer dish.
- 2 Small to medium sized zucchini sliced using a spiral slicer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of flat leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil minced
- 1/3 cup of chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of thin sliced red onions using a mandolin slicer
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional- drizzle with *Favorite Salad Dressing
- Place the zucchini, parsley, tomatoes, olives and onions in a mixing bowl.
- Add the EVOO, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to serving.