A light and refreshing spiralized summer raw zucchini salad made with seasonal zucchini, olives, sundried tomatoes, and light lemon vinaigrette dressing.
This delicious spiralized zucchini salad has become one of our favorite summer salad recipes. It's the perfect healthy side dish to bring to a picnic or summer party. Want to know the best part?! It's super quick and easy to throw together. So many people that have tried it have requested the recipe.
This raw salad is incredible paired with barbecue chicken or this Garlic Lime Grilled Flat Iron Steak for a light summer meal. I love the flavor and texture of the raw zucchini in this dish. You can use a store-bought lemon or balsamic vinaigrette for this recipe or use my Favorite Salad Dressing for a tasty homemade option.
How To Make Zucchini Salad
Shopping List For This Recipe:
- 2 medium-size zucchini squash
- Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Lemon Vinaigrette dressing (I like Marzetti brand)
- Sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- Kalamata olives
- Red onion
How To Make Zucchini Noodles
If you don't have a spiralizer, I highly recommend it for the easiest method of making noodles out of vegetables. I'm pretty obsessed with mine. This gadget also slices apples and potatoes very thin. It has a lot of different functions and is very simple to use.
I was immediately sold, especially when I saw the price tag (I'll include a link to the one I have below and a few more top-rated slicers, so you can add that one to your kitchen tools ASAP). It's very reasonable for all of the great features and it's simple to clean and operate. I absolutely love it!! Here are my zucchini "noodles" freshly sliced for this salad.
Before you put the zucchini into the slicer, cut off each end so it will rest flat against the slicing blade and the end piece that holds it steady. Cut a slit about ¼ of the way through the zucchini so you don't end up with super long noodles.
After spiralizing, there is very little waste of the vegetable, you end up with a mushroom-shaped portion leftover that you can eat raw or slice up for another dish.
- 2 zucchini small to medium size, sliced using a spiral slicer
- 1 ½ tbsp flat leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil minced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives chopped
- ¼ cup red onions thinly sliced using a mandolin slicer
- 2 tbsp store-bought lemon vinaigrette dressing Or this homemade vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the zucchini, parsley, tomatoes, olives and onions in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to serving.