I’ve got figs coming out of my eyeballs right now. My tree has almost quadrupled it’s size since I planted it two years ago. I love fresh figs and they are so incredibly good for you. They are a great source of fiber which helps trim the waistline and fill you up. I fell in love with this simple Fresh Fig and Feta salad with Toasted Walnuts recipe. The sweetness of the figs with the rich feta cheese and tart vinaigrette is a divine combination.
Fresh Fig and Feta Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Adapted from Food.com
- 24-30 fresh figs (any variety, I used Brown Turkey Figs)
- 6-9 oz whole feta cheese
- 9 oz walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Toast walnuts in a frying pan over high heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Set aside and cool. Combine vinegar, dijon, olive and a little salt and pepper in a jar and shake until emulsified. Set aside. Wash and pat figs dry and cut them in half. Arrange on a platter, sprinkle with feta cheese and walnuts and drizzle dressing on top. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.