This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A Paleo-inspired recipe for grain-free spice cake made with coconut flour, pumpkin, maple syrup and eggs for a healthier fall treat.
This Paleo Grain-Free Spice Cake recipe came from a gym that I visited in South Carolina. I stopped by for a few workouts while I was on vacation and they had a few recipes pinned to their bulletin board. This one caught my eye and I had to get a copy.
There was no source listed, but I think that it came from a cookbook called Paleo desserts. I modified it slightly, but it didn’t need much tweaking at all. I love this dense, flavorful cake and it satisfies my sweet tooth without much guilt.
I added a maple butter glaze to the original recipe to give it a bit more flavor and moisture. My husband enjoyed eating this for breakfast. It’s also great with a small amount of whipped topping or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Healthy goodness. 🙂
How To Make Paleo Grain-Free Spice Cake
Ingredients(For the Cake):
1/2 cup coconut flour (you can also use a Paleo-friendly flour blend)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
*optional: 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients. Constantly whisk while pouring. Stir in nuts, if adding. Once the batter is blended well, pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and middle is set.
For the Glaze:
1 tbsp real maple syrup
1tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil)
Stir together and pour over cake while it’s hot
*After serving, store this Paleo grain-free spice cake in the refrigerator.
Paleo Grain-Free Spice Cake
- For the Cake:1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- *optional: 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- For the Glaze:1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients. Constantly whisk while pouring. Stir in nuts, if adding.
- Once the batter is blended well, pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and middle is set.
- Remove pan from oven and pour glaze over cake while cake is still hot.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019