Double chocolate mug cake is a quick and easy microwaveable dessert. This gluten free mug cake recipe is perfect for after school snacks, too, and the kids can help to make it!
This decadent clean-eating personal size cake takes less than 2 minutes to prepare! It’s so delicious that you’d never know that it’s gluten-free and refined sugar free. This recipe makes enough batter for two mugs, so be sure and share with a friend or fellow chocoholic.
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Mug Cake
Whisk together in a small bowl:
4 tbsp brown rice flour
5 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch sea salt
In a separate bowl stir together:
3 tbsp almond milk
3 tbsp melted pastured butter (or coconut oil, but the butter gives it a better flavor)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, slightly beaten
Handful of (good quality) dark chocolate chips
Combine the two mixtures in a glass bowl.
Divide evenly into two mugs. Top each mug with dark chocolate chips (60% cacao) and cover each mug with plastic wrap.
Microwave for 1 minute and 10-20 seconds.
- For Mug Cake:4 tbsp brown rice flour
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp melted pastured butter or coconut oil, but the butter gives it a better flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- For topping:Handful of good quality dark chocolate chips
- Whisk brown rice flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together almond milk, melted butter, vanilla, and beaten egg.
- Combine the two mixtures together in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide evenly into two mugs. Top each mug with dark chocolate chips (60% cacao) and cover each mug with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 10-20 seconds.