This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This gluten-free brownie tart is so good, you'll never guess it's gluten-free! Made with chocolate toffee bars for added flavor and texture.
I made this gluten-free brownie tart last weekend to bring to a friend's house for dinner. My husband, Flynn, usually gets deprived when it comes to desserts at get-togethers since he doesn't eat wheat for gluten sensitivity reasons. So, I try and make things that I know he can enjoy that cannot be detected as gluten-free. If I don't tell, they usually will never know!
This tart is no exception. Some people think that if something is gluten-free that it's not going to be tasty. I can promise you that this is a delicious splurge treat and no one will be able to tell. This recipe is an adaptation of Ina Garten's brownie tart recipe. Oh, how I love the Barefoot Contessa. Her recipes are classic, simple, and delicious.
There are two celebrity chefs that are "go-to's" for me and they are Ina and Alton Brown. I have yet to be disappointed with one of their recipes. I modified her original Brownie Tart recipe to include Heath toffee chips (because they're the bomb), reduced the amount of chocolate chips, and substituted regular flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Our friends commented that they couldn't believe this was gluten-free because it's definitely decadent and delicious!
Gluten-Free Brownie Tart Ingredients
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz Heath toffee bits (you can also use the bars and chop them)
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules (I love the espresso powder for this)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (King Arthur brand recommended)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz walnuts, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
*Full instructions below.
As good as this Toffee Crunch Brownie Tart is, I dare you not to lick the bowl. 😉
More Favorite Gluten-Free Desserts
Gluten-Free Brownie Tart
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz Heath toffee bits
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour I recommend King Arthur brand
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz chopped walnuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Grease and flour a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler, then add 2 cups of the chocolate chips, remove from the heat, and stir until all the chocolate is completely melted.
- Set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla on medium-high speed until and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate and the toffee bits.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ½ cup of the chocolate chips, and the walnuts.
- Fold the flour mixture into the batter until just combined. Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- The inside will still be very soft, like a brownie.
- Cool to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or fresh whipped cream
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021