This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Gluten-Free Homemade Butterscotch Pudding is rich, creamy and incredibly delicious!
I’ve got a nagging sweet tooth. It’s really my biggest obstacle for staying lean and fit. However, I’ve found some great tricks over the years to help satisfy my cravings without un-doing all of my efforts.
Honestly, the more I stay away from sugar, the less I crave it. I’ve done a really good job over the last 5-6 months keeping my indulgences to a minimum. I just feel better when I don’t eat it. I’d rather feel good and avoid the headaches that follow that dreaded insulin dump.
I believe in treating myself when I really want a little treat, so recipes like this gluten-free homemade butterscotch pudding are perfect for satisfying my cravings. It eliminates the binging urges when avoidance turns to madness…..we’ve all been there, telling yourself you can’t have that chocolate torte makes you want to bury your face in it. Not good.
When I really want a good dessert, I go for homemade. I’m not blowing those extra calories on a store-bought treat, loaded with things I can’t pronounce and sweeteners like, high fructose corn syrup. There is a great coffee house near where I live, Queen Bee Coffee, and the owner makes the best desserts from scratch.
Her Chocolate Coconut Flour GF Cake is a slice of heaven! If I don’t want a whole cake sitting around, my husband and I will pick up a single serving dessert. When I do bake or make something sweet, I love to use coconut sugar for a tasty low-glycemic sweetener. It smells and tastes like a combination of molasses and brown sugar. It works well in so many recipes. I’ve been using it for several years now to replace sugar in many of my recipes.
This Gluten-Free Homemade Butterscotch Pudding is made with coconut sugar and low-fat milk for a delicious healthier dessert.
Gluten-Free Homemade Butterscotch PuddingPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups 2%milk
- 2 large egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- toasted pecans or almond brickle chips such as Heath chips
- Combine coconut sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add milk and egg yolks, a little at a time, whisking until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into 5 ramekins or small bowls.
- Cover each pudding with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and cool for 15 minutes.
- Chill at least 4 hours and top with nuts or brickle bits.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019