This month’s theme for The Recipe ReDux is healthy breakfast recipes. I was really excited about this theme, since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! I love eggs and never seem to get tired of them. I eat them almost every day. I’m also a big fan of breakfast potatoes. What could be better than combining the two into a tasty and healthy hashbrown casserole recipe?!
Eggs are so incredibly versatile, great for quick weeknight fritattas, quiches, omelettes, scrambled with vegetables and meat or just over easy all by themselves. They are also a great protein source and very affordable, too.
This Healthy Hashbrown Casserole takes only minutes to throw together and makes a hearty breakfast that keeps you full for hours.
Don’t miss some of my other favorite breakfast recipes, like these Breakfast Potato Stacks, the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, Gluten-Free Ham, Spinach & Gruyere Quiche and my favorite Belgian Protein Waffles. I could definitely go for breakfast for dinner any night!
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 3 packed cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Cabot sharp white cheddar cheese
- 6 oz chopped Canadian bacon
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Spread shredded frozen hash browns, evenly, in the bottom of the dish
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat and cook spinach until just wilted
- Add chopped ham and cook for a minute or two more
- Spread ham and spinach over hashbrowns
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Whisk together: eggs, egg whites, dijon, paprika, salt and pepper
- Pour over casserole and bake for 40 minutes
Here are more delicious breakfast favorites from my Recipe Redux friends below! Enjoy!