Gluten-Free Ham Spinach and Gruyere Quiche is a quick and easy quiche recipe using a ready-made gluten-free pie crust. It’s a delicious way to get kids to enjoy eating their vegetables!
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about creating something delicious with Easter/Passover leftovers. I’m definitely traditional and always bake a ham for our Easter dinner. A tasty gluten-free ham spinach and gruyere quiche is one of the first things that came to mind to use up that extra ham from our holiday meal.
*If you are looking for another awesome recipe for leftover ham, don’t miss my favorite Southern Ham Vegetable Soup. My daughter always requests it when we have a leftover ham bone!
We love quiche, frittatas and omelets for dinner. They are full of healthy protein and nutrients and incredibly fast to whip up. You can make a quiche a million different ways.
Since I make eating healthy meals a priority, having easy-to-fix meals saves me on crazy weeks. I almost always double a recipe to have plenty of leftovers. These quiches can easily provide a week’s worth of breakfast meals for two people. My husband also loves taking leftover quiche to work for lunch.
You don’t have to go with gluten free crust for this ham, spinach and gruyere quiche. You can do any whole grain pie crust or even go with a crustless version. I puffy heart this crust from Wholly Wholesome. So delicious, you’d never know it’s GF.
If crustless quiches are more appealing, don’t miss my Favorite Crustless Quiche and Crustless Spinach Quiche recipes. Use up that leftover Easter ham and don’t skip the Gruyere, it adds amazing flavor! You won’t regret it. 😉
Ham Spinach and Gruyere Quiche Is a Fast Healthy Meal!
- 2 unbaked GF pie shells such as Wholly Wholesome brand
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 8 oz gruyere shredded
- 1 lb cooked ham chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 tbsp grassfed butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, then add olive oil and melt the butter.
- Add chopped onions and cook 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Pour spinach and onion mixture on top of thawed GF pie crust, distributing evenly between the two pans.
- Top with chopped ham.
- Whisk egg, milk and seasonings together until well blended.
- Stir shredded cheese into egg mixture and pour over ham, spinach and onions.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until center is set.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit.