Gluten-Free Ham, Spinach and Gruyere Quiche is a quick and easy quiche recipe using a ready-made gluten-free pie crust. It’s a delicious way to get kids to enjoy eating their vegetables!
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about creating something delicious with Easter/Passover leftovers. I’m definitely traditional and always bake a ham for our Easter dinner. A tasty gluten-free ham spinach and gruyere quiche is one of the first things that came to mind to use up that extra ham from our holiday meal.
We love quiche, frittatas and omelets for dinner. They are full of healthy protein and nutrients and incredibly fast to whip up.
Since I make clean eating a priority, having easy-to-fix meals saves me on crazy weeks. I almost always double a recipe to have plenty of leftovers. These quiches can easily provide a week’s worth of breakfast meals for two people.
You don’t have to go with gluten free crust for this ham, spinach and gruyere quiche. You can do any whole grain pie crust or even go with a crustless version. I puffy heart this crust from Wholly Wholesome. So delicious, you’d never know it’s GF.
If crustless quiches are more appealing, don’t miss my Favorite Crustless Quiche and Crustless Spinach Quiche recipes. Use up that leftover Easter ham and don’t skip the Gruyere, it adds amazing flavor! You won’t regret it. 😉
Ham Spinach and Gruyere Quiche Is a Fast Healthy Meal!
- 2 unbaked GF pie shells such as Wholly Wholesome brand
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 8 oz gruyere shredded
- 1 lb cooked ham chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 tbsp grassfed butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, then add olive oil and melt the butter.
Add chopped onions and cook 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
Add spinach and stir until wilted.
Pour spinach and onion mixture on top of thawed GF pie crust, distributing evenly between the two pans.
Top with chopped ham.
Whisk egg, milk and seasonings together until well blended.
Stir shredded cheese into egg mixture and pour over ham, spinach and onions.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until center is set.
Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve warm with fresh fruit.
You’re not just getting a delicious Ham, Spinach and Gruyere Quiche recipe. You are getting so many more great recipe ideas for Easter/Passover leftovers from my Sunday Supper friends! Enjoy!
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham Spinach & Gruyère Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brei Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Black Pepper Fried Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- Cal-Mex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus and Capers Panini by Family Foodie
Soups and Salads
- Ham and Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Brownies with Kentucky Bourbon and Chocolate Mint Ganache by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Brownie No Bake Cheesecake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’mores by Desserts Required
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.