This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A quick and easy recipe for mini egg frittatas made with spinach, eggs, feta cheese, and ground turmeric. These delicious mini frittatas are perfect for breakfast on-the-go!
I was so excited to get a copy of Katie Morford's new cookbook Rise and Shine. This cookbook makes it easy to prepare a nutritious breakfast when you're short on time. I know, for me, breakfast is the most rushed meal of the day. It's a big challenge for most people to whip up a healthy breakfast for their family in the morning, especially one that is tasty AND healthy. I made Katie's Easy Mini Spinach Frittatas and they are delicious! It's the perfect grab-and-go meal when you're in a rush.
Katy Morford is the registered dietitian and voice behind the wonderful blog, Mom's Kitchen Handbook: Raising Fresh-Food Kids in a French-Fried World. I had the privilege of meeting Katie at Blog Brûlée last year. Blog Brûlée is an invitation-only conference in Vermont for dietitians and healthy living bloggers. She was one of my roommates in the cabin at Smuggler's Notch resort that weekend. You can read more about that trip in this post.
I really enjoyed spending time with Katie during our trip. Not only is Katie a great writer, but she's also a very talented recipe developer. After trying out some of the recipes in Rise and Shine, I know that this will be a new go-to reference for fresh breakfast ideas. This nutrient-packed spinach frittata recipe is one of my new favorites. I love that she incorporates turmeric. It adds great flavor, vibrant color, and natural anti-inflammatory properties to the recipe. I recommend doubling the recipe. These tasty frittatas won't last!
You can make these frittatas in advance and have them ready to go in the morning. Easy breezy!
If you'd like to grab a copy of Katie's cookbook to solve your morning meal dilemmas, you can order on Amazon.com below (affiliate link).
Easy Mini Spinach Frittatas
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 2 scallions thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- 1 ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 6 muffin cups with cupcake liners (I used parchment liners) and spray with cooking spray
- Crack eggs in a medium bowl and add milk, whisking to combine
- Drain the thawed spinach well, pressing out any excess water
- Add the spinach, scallions, turmeric and salt to the eggs and whisk together
- Add feta and stir until just combined
- Divide the mixture among the 6 cups
- Bake frittatas for about 30 minutes, until just firm at the top, with no raw egg appearance.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or allow the frittatas to cool to room temperature before covering and storing in the refrigerator