Cheeseburger Quiche is a gluten-free, grain-free recipe made with lean Ground Beef, light sharp cheddar cheese, baby spinach and tomatoes. *This cheeseburger quiche recipe post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner., on behalf of the Beef Checkoff, as part of my role as a compensated member of the Beef Expert Bureau. However, all opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
If replacing the traditional crust with meat sounds weird, trust me when I say it's really delicious! The "burger" crust adds incredible flavor and a nice texture to the bottom of the quiche. You've got all of the traditional yummy flavors of a cheeseburger in a delicious low-carb, one-dish, meal.
This nutritious meal prep recipe is inspired by a quiche recipe from PaleoOMG that I've been making for the last 6 years or so. It's so good, y'all! I usually double her recipe to make two quiches, one for dinner and another for breakfast. If I'm putting forth the effort to make one quiche, I might as well double it and make my life easier later. Who's with me?!
You guys know I’m a huge fan of making healthy tasty and easy, and one super easy approach to achieve this is by prepping meals ahead of time. I’ve recently been inspired by Strength: The Field Manual, a handbook that provides guidance and meal prep strategies to build healthier meals.
The great thing about this quiche recipe is that it reheats beautifully and makes my life easier in the morning when we are in a rush. It's also a great healthy meal prep recipe to portion out for the week to save time on busy weeknights.
If you’re looking to build strength through good nutrition in your own life, check out the Manual to learn how to take action with your nutrition and fitness to develop the strength to be your best.
How To Make The Beef Crust For This Cheeseburger Quiche
Combine the lean ground beef, spices, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
Next, spray a pie plate with olive oil cooking spray and press the meat to line the plate, making sure to go all the way up the sides. I use a fork to press the meat into the plate and on the sides.
Then you are going to bake the meat "crust" for 18 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Tips For Making Cheeseburger Quiche
Drain the grease from the pie plate after you have cooked the "crust" when it comes out of the oven. It's totally fine that it shrinks up in the pan, because it will shrink as the meat cooks. It should cover the bottom of the pan if you pressed it firmly up the sides of the dish.
The next step is to sauté the onions and spinach and spread on top of your beefy crust. Then top with the chopped tomatoes.
Add the cheese and pour the egg filling on top. Bake for 25-30 more minutes until filling is set.
There are so many tasty filling options that you can do with this recipe!
This beef crust cheeseburger quiche recipe is a new favorite in our meal prep recipe rotation!
This gluten-free cheeseburger quiche recipe is so good! It's a delicious low-carb slice packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz 50% light sharp cheddar cheese shredded from block
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce until blended.
- Press into a lightly oiled pie dish, making sure to cover the bottom and the sides of the dish to form a "crust"
- Bake for 18 minutes. Drain excess grease out of pan and set aside to cool. (It will shrink a bit but that's ok)
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook onions until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Spread cooked onions on top of the beef crust.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook until just wilted. Spread spinach on top of onions.
- Top with tomatoes and shredded cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour over top.
- Bake for 25-30 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.