This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Easy Whole Food Protein Blender Pancakes are made with only five ingredients and perfect for your weekly meal prep!
If you’ve been following this blog for a while, then you know how much I love protein pancake recipes. I’m always coming up with new variations using different high protein ingredients. This protein blender pancake recipe is stupid easy and basically a simplified version of my favorite cottage cheese pancakes.
How To Make Easy Whole Food Protein Blender Pancakes
It only requires five basic ingredients, a blender, olive oil cooking spray, and your favorite healthy toppings. I make this recipe in big batches and portion them out into mason jars. This way, breakfast is ready to pour and cook for the rest of the week. The best thing about this recipe is that it makes a large volume of food for one serving. It’s a huge bang for your calorie buck. That’s a big win for this hungry girl!
The oats in this recipe provide a great source of dietary fiber and carbohydrates for energy. If you use gluten-free oats, then it’s also a tasty gluten-free pancake. The egg whites and cottage cheese are an excellent source of nutritious lean protein. Don’t worry, I eat yolks but sometimes I like to save my fats for other things later in the day. 🙂 I love cinnamon for a nice flavor boost. Cinnamon also has some incredible evidence-based health benefits to boot.
Some tips when making these pancakes:
- Cook on medium heat. These pancakes are thin, so they will burn before they are ready to flip on high heat
- Use about 1/4 cup mix per pancake. They are much easier to flip when they are smaller
I hope that you try out this simple favorite recipe and please tag me on Instagram @ameecooks if you make them! I love seeing how you like to top them!
A few of my favorite pancake toppings:
- Wyman’s Wild Blueberries thawed in the microwave mixed with 1 packet Whole Earth stevia-based sweetener topped with 1 tsp chia seeds
- Fresh berries of any kind with Walden Farms sugar-free syrup
- 1 tsp butter with 1 tbsp maple sugar
- Low sugar or sugar-free preserves (I like Polaner’s All-Fruit spread, homemade low-sugar jam or Nature’s Hollow sugar-free jam made with Xylitol)
Don’t miss some of my other favorite protein pancake recipes, like these mouthwatering Wild Blueberry Matcha Protein Pancakes, Amazing Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes and Sweet Potato Pancakes made with Kefir.
Easy Blender Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Quick cooking oats
- 1/2 Cup cottage cheese *I love the Good Culture brand
- 4 egg whites or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Add ingredients to the blender, starting with the liquid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Spray with olive oil spray and cook until pancake starts to bubble
- Flip and cook the other side until lightly golden
- Serve with toppings of choice.