An easy whole food recipe for Protein Blender Pancakes made with only five ingredients. These gluten-free crepe-like pancakes are packed with high-quality protein and perfect for your weekly meal prep!
If you've been following this blog for a while, then you know how much I love protein pancake recipes. I'm always coming up with new variations using different high protein ingredients. This protein blender pancake recipe is stupid easy and basically a simplified version of my favorite cottage cheese pancakes.
How To Make Oat Flour Protein Blender Pancakes
It only requires five basic ingredients, a blender, olive oil cooking spray, and your favorite healthy toppings. I make this recipe in big batches and portion them out into mason jars. This way, breakfast is ready to pour and cook for the rest of the week. The best thing about this recipe is that it makes a large volume of food for one serving. It's a huge bang for your calorie buck. That's a big win for this hungry girl!
The oats in this recipe provide a great source of dietary fiber and carbohydrates for energy. If you use gluten-free oats, then it's also a tasty gluten-free pancake. The egg whites and cottage cheese are excellent sources of nutritious lean protein. Don't worry, I eat yolks but sometimes I like to save my fats for other things later in the day. 🙂 The cinnamon in the mix adds a nice flavor boost.
Some tips when making these pancakes:
- After blending, allow the batter to rest for 1 hour or chill overnight in a sealed jar.
- Cook on medium heat. These pancakes are thin, so they will burn before they are ready to flip on high heat
- Use about ¼ cup mix per pancake. They are much easier to flip when they are smaller
- If you like a fluffier pancake, you can thicken the batter by whisking in a couple of tablespoons of pancake mix
- Use a thick, full-fat, and good-quality cottage cheese for this recipe. You need a thicker cottage cheese for the batter to have the right consistency
I hope that you try out this simple favorite recipe and please tag me on Instagram @ameessavorydish if you make them! I love seeing how you like to top them!
A few of my favorite pancake toppings:
- Wyman's Wild Blueberries thawed in the microwave mixed with 1 packet Whole Earth stevia-based sweetener topped with 1 tsp chia seeds
- Fresh berries of any kind with Walden Farms sugar-free syrup
- 1 tsp butter with 1 tbsp maple sugar
- Low sugar or sugar-free preserves (I like Polaner's All-Fruit spread, homemade low-sugar jam or Nature's Hollow sugar-free jam made with Xylitol)
Don't miss some of my other favorite protein pancake recipes, like these mouthwatering Wild Blueberry Matcha Protein Pancakes, Amazing Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes, Oat Flour Pumpkin Pancakes, and Sweet Potato Pancakes made with Kefir.
Oat Flour Blender Protein Pancakes
- ½ Cup Quick cooking oats
- ½ Cup full-fat cottage cheese *I love the Good Culture brand
- 4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon *optional- can add up to ½ tsp if desired
- Add ingredients to the blender, starting with the liquid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Allow the batter to rest for an hour or chill overnight.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Spray with olive oil spray and cook until pancake starts to bubble
- Flip and cook the other side until lightly golden
- Serve with toppings of choice.
*This post was updated with new images from the original post published January 2019.