A recipe for Greek yogurt protein pancakes made with gluten-free baking mix, yogurt, egg whites and apples. This protein pancake recipe is easy and made with one of my favorite gut-friendly protein sources.
These gluten-free Greek yogurt protein pancakes are the bomb!! I’ve got a ton of protein pancake recipe versions and this one is on the top of my favorites list.
The Greek yogurt gives them a nice tangy flavor and really great texture. Definitely give these a try for a tasty way to get more gut-friendly protein in your morning meal.
Tip For Making these Greek yogurt protein pancakes
You can also make this protein pancake recipe with vanilla Greek yogurt for a sweeter option. I love the plain Greek yogurt option and add sweetness with my toppings. Walden Farms makes a tasty sugar-free maple pancake syrup that I love.
A few more favorite options to add sweetness without sugar or calories are homemade fruit compotes. My favorites are Blueberry Compote and Raspberry Compote. They are both easy recipes and so delicious on everything from pancakes and waffles to ice cream and pound cake. A couple more sugar-alternative options are sprinkling Swerve or Whole Earth sweetener on top of fresh fruit.
What’s your favorite way to top a pancake?
- 2 cups Pamela's gluten free baking mix or another all-purpose whole grain baking mix
- 32 oz container plain Greek yogurt I love the Oikos Triple Zero
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 whole apple cut into small chunks (I like galas, fuji or any other crisp sweet apple)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients, except apple and cinnamon, in a large bowl with a mixer or large whisk.
- Stir until thoroughly combined
- Heat a griddle over med/high heat
- Spray griddle with a high heat cooking spray or coconut oil (I use the Chosen Blends oil spray)
- Drop pancakes by 1/4 cup full onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles form
- Flip and cook on the other side until lightly golden.
- Cook apples in a small, microwave-safe glass dish covered with a lid for 3 minutes or until soft
- Serve over pancakes
- Top with sugar-free syrup, if desired