I love matcha for its metabolism-boosting benefits and high concentration of antioxidants. It's great in green tea lattes, smoothies and I even mix it in with my BCAA's, but until now I had never used it in my baking. I've been wanting to play around with matcha recipes for a while, so I thought a simple protein pancake recipe would be a great start. I think I'm going for muffins next! I'm pretty obsessed with protein pancakes, this blog is full of recipe variations for this breakfast favorite. These Wild Blueberry Matcha Protein Pancakes have now soared to the top of my list!
Protein Pancakes For The Win
I love how these protein pancakes turned out, the matcha is subtle but detectable and really pairs well with the wild blueberries and vanilla. They will definitely become a regular in my rotation. Protein pancakes are an excellent way to get in protein and carbohydrates to fuel my workouts. I love that matcha is a brain-booster with anti-aging properties, too.
A few more of my top protein pancake recipes that I love to make and EAT are these Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes....yes, everything is better with bacon ;), Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes with a gluten-free version, my mom's famous Protein-Packed Cottage Cheese Pancakes (even if you hate cottage cheese, you'll love these) and Pumpkin Flax Protein Pancakes. It's always fun to switch things up. I like variety in my recipes. Even when I'm minding my macros, I can't stand to eat the same thing all the time. That's so boring! Life should be spicy, y'all. Eat good food.
How To Make Short Cut Protein Pancakes
I used the Kodiak Power Cakes mix because I love that it's made with only whole-grain flours and already has 14 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber in a half cup of the mix. The Fairlife skim milk added an additional 16 g of protein to the batter, so no additional protein powder was needed, which is great because they can sometimes dry out the pancakes if too much is used.
If you can't tolerate dairy, I tend to be lactose sensitive, Fairlife milk is lactose-free (delicious) and digests well for me. I love that it has double the protein and half the sugar of regular milk. I LOVE their chocolate milk for an occasional post-workout treat. You can easily substitute the milk for almond or soy milk and use a different whole-grain pancake mix (make sure it has leavening agents) for the pancakes. Just be aware that this will change the macronutrients and calories for the recipe.
Wild Blueberry Matcha Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes 100% whole grain buttermilk flapjack mix
- 1 cup Fairlife Skim milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon culinary grade matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries thawed
- *optional: 1 packet stevia
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside
- Heat a skillet on med-high heat and spray with olive or coconut oil
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side
- Warm frozen blueberries in the microwave for 1 minute and stir in stevia, if using.
- Top pancakes with warm blueberries and drizzle with your favorite sugar-free or real maple syrup
- Makes about 6 pancakes (2 servings)
These babies were moist and incredible.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. These Wild Blueberry Matcha Protein Pancakes take it to a whole new level!
If you a have favorite recipe that you make with matcha, tag me on social media and share! I love new ideas and hearing from you!
Want a bite??
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023