These are the best chocolate protein pancakes I’ve ever eaten, made with almond milk, egg whites, protein powder, high protein pancake mix, and creamy peanut butter. The peanut butter drizzle makes them over-the-top amazing.
How To Make Flavorful Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Tasty Pancake Toppings
For me, there’s no better flavor combo than chocolate and peanut butter. It’s magical. Justin’s peanut butter cups are my jam. I’m thinking that one of those would be pretty awesome crumbled on top of this pancake stack…
You can also substitute the peanut butter for almond butter or skip it altogether for a fruit topping. Fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries) are always great, too. You could melt the chocolate chips and drizzle those on top of the berries. Dang. I’m getting hungry again.
How do you like to top your stack? I’m obsessed with protein pancakes. You should also try these Wild Blueberry Matcha Pancakes, Protein-Packed Cottage Cheese Pancakes, Easy Protein Blender Pancakes, Sweet Potato Pancakes made with kefir and Protein-Packed Gluten-Free Strawberry Pancakes. Who else loves pancakes for dinner?!
*This recipe has been updated and improved on September 30, 2019, from the original post published August 9, 2011.
Chocolate Protein Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack and Waffle mix
- 1 scoop Earth Fed Muscle Chocolate Nocturnal Casein
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp Whole Earth sweetener
- 1 tsp Lily's chocolate chips *These are low-carb and stevia-sweetened
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a blender in the order listed (liquid on bottom)
- Blend until smooth
- Heat a non-stick griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray pan with olive oil spray and pour batter into pan (about 1/4 cup each) and cook until bubbles start to form
- Flip and cook the other side
- Repeat with remaining batter (you should end up with 6 medium-size pancakes
- Combine creamy peanut butter and Whole Earth sweetener in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds, stir and heat 30 seconds more until smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle over pancake stack and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.