This is a great recipe that I got from Sarahfit. I love reading Sarah Dussault’s blog. She is a health and fitness video producer and is always posting great recipes, workouts and wellness tips. I decided to try her chocolate protein pancake recipe this morning because I had all of the ingredients on hand. I have experimented with many protein-based recipes in the past and I am usually very disappointed. If I am going to eat something, it needs to taste good. I refuse to waste calories on things that I do not like!! Sarah says that this is her absolute favorite breakfast recipe of all time! How could I go wrong with that praise?? Well, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a delicious protein-packed breakfast. A great way to start off your day. I topped it with organic peanut butter and a drizzle of brown rice syrup. Enjoy~
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used BSN lean dessert chocolate fudge pudding protein)
2 Teaspoons Ground Flaxseed
Strawberries and Peanut Butter, to taste
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder I used BSN lean dessert chocolate fudge pudding protein
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Flaxseed
- Strawberries and Peanut Butter to taste
- Blend the first 4 ingredients together until desired consistency. I like to use my hand held blender.
- Preheat 8-inch non-stick skillet to medium. Add batter to pan and cook for about 4 minutes on one side; flip and finish cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
*Great toppings for these pancakes are a drizzle of agave nectar or brown rice syrup. Yum!