This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
You’ll never know that these cookies are gluten-free! A delicious and easy recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made with a gluten-free baking mix, coconut oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and chopped walnuts.
I had to label these cookies “awesome” because they are the best tasting gluten-free cookie that I have ever eaten! My kids gobbled them up and asked for more. I have several different recipes for healthier chocolate chip cookies, so you can see the obsession here.
The Secret To Tasty Gluten-Free Cookies
The secret to the awesomeness is Pamela’s Ultimate Baking & Pancake Mix. I also tried out Pamela’s pancake recipe. They were also really, really good. The texture was right for a pancake. If you have tried a lot of gluten-free products, then you know what I’m talking about. Some of the premade mixes leave a lot to be desired as far as texture goes.
These gluten-free cookies taste like a regular chocolate chip cookie. My family couldn’t tell the difference, including the kiddos.
I can’t wait to try more of Pamela’s creations (and no, I’m not getting paid to say that), I love this product! If you already have a favorite all-purpose gluten-free baking mix, then you can substitute it in this recipe, but I can’t guarantee the same results. On a gluten-free diet, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are a heavenly treat!!
How To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Adapted from Pamela’s Products gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe
Awesome Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unrefined organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Pamela's Mix
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Ghiradelli 60% cacao
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream coconut oil and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Add baking mix, chocolate chips and nuts (if adding) and mix thoroughly.
- Place tbsp size scoops of dough onto 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven, cool and enjoy. 🙂