Orange Glazed Cheese Croissants are a quick and easy recipe for homemade croissants made with cottage cheese, stuffed with dried cranberries, and drizzled with a heavenly orange glaze. These sweet cheese pastries would make a sweet addition to a holiday breakfast.
What's The Best Flour For Croissants?
King Arthur unbleached all-purpose flour is my favorite for making croissants, it always yields great baked goods. You can also swap out ⅓ of the all-purpose flour for pastry flour for an even flakier croissant texture.
This holiday croissant recipe has been adapted from a recipe found on MarthaStewart.com.
I love these low-sugar cranberries to add to recipes. Most recipes have enough sweetness, so it's a great way to cut some of the sugar. If you don't love cranberries, just leave them out. The orange-glazed croissants are incredibly delicious all by themselves.
Most importantly, don't skip the fresh orange zest in the glaze!
Eat one of these cheese croissants fresh from the oven, after glazing. Trust me, they are best fresh and warm.
More Quick Bread Recipes
If you love this recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Stay posted on my latest cooking adventures through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Orange Glazed Cheese Croissants with Cranberries
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup small curd cottage cheese Good Culture cottage cheese recommended. Also, I use regular, not low-fat
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup dried cranberries * I use a low-sugar version
- ½ tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 ¼ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half or whole milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter, cottage cheese, flour and salt
- Blend until cottage cheese is well incorporated
- Form mixture into a flat circle and wrap with plastic wrap
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours, or until firm
- Dust a large cutting board with a little flour and roll out the dough to form a 12-14" circle
- Cut circle into eight pieces (like a pie) and place a few dried cranberries at the top section of each triangle
- Roll up croissants from wide end to narrow tip and place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Brush each croissant with the egg white and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden
- Whisk together orange zest, orange juice, half and half and confectioner's sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Cool croissants for 5 minutes, then drizzle glaze over top.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Emily @ Sinful Nutrition
OMG these sound awesome! Glad that there's actually a lower sugar dried cranberry without a bunch of artificial sweeteners in them. Definitely keeping my eyes peeled for them!