Delicious protein crepes stuffed with a sugar-free ricotta cheese filling and fresh berries. This tasty and filling breakfast is the best way to start the day!
I couldn't wait to try out Swerve sweetener in a recipe! Swerve is an erythritol-based sugar replacement that is all-natural and perfect for anyone watching their sugar intake. I was introduced to Swerve sweetener at BlogHer Food in Miami this year. The Swerve rep had a lot of different goodies to sample, my favorite being the gluten-free pastries. They were really good, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on a bag to play around with in my kitchen. I love that Swerve is non-glycemic, natural, calorie-free, and non-GMO. It sounds too good to be true, right?! I'm infatuated with this new sugar-replacement in my pantry. Baked goods will never be the same. Now, you can have dessert for breakfast and eat a mess of it, too!
Of course, if you can't get your hands on this sugar-replacement you can always use stevia, monk fruit, maple sugar, or coconut sugar as a replacement.
How To Make Stuffed Protein Crepes
You'll want to whip up a batch of these crepe-like cottage cheese pancakes for this recipe. I make a double batch on the weekend for meal prep and keep them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for breakfast. They are perfect on their own topped with fruit compote or maple syrup, but I also love them stuffed with this ricotta cheese filling as a healthier dessert option.
How To Make Ricotta Cream For Filling Crepes
You only need three ingredients to make the filling:
- Whole milk ricotta cheese
- Swerve sweetener or your favorite sugar alternative sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh berries of choice (I love a blend of berries)
If you want to boost the protein or aren't a big fan of ricotta cheese, you can also use a whole milk cottage cheese for the filling. Sometimes I'll do half cottage cheese and half ricotta. Just whip the cheese, sweetener, and vanilla in a mini food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. This filling with berries also makes a tasty dessert by itself.
If you love this protein crepe recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Berry-Stuffed Protein Crepes
- 6 Cottage Cheese Pancakes grab the recipe here
- 1 cup whole milk Ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon Swerve granulated sweetener or your favorite sugar-free sweetener
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Swerve confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- Combine ricotta cheese, vanilla and sweetener in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Spread evenly among the pancakes.
- Top with fresh berries and roll up, placing on a plate with seam side down.
- Sprinkle with Swerve confectioner’s sugar and serve.
*Note: This recipe was originally published in June 2014. It has been updated throughout.