This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I love the smells of fall in the kitchen. It’s one of my favorite things about this time of year. That wonderful aroma of cinnamon with fall fruits like apples, pears, and pumpkin is pure heaven to the senses. These Easy Cinnamon Baked Apples are one of my favorite fall recipes that couldn’t be more simple to prepare!
These cooked apples are delicious in a bowl all by themselves (great garnished with chopped nuts), topped on your morning oatmeal or pancakes, or served up with a scoop of frozen yogurt. They even make an awesome side dish for pork, chicken or turkey. I replaced the brown sugar in my traditional recipe with coconut sugar.
I have found coconut sugar to be a wonderful replacement for regular sugar in my baked goods. We made some killer chocolate chip cookies with it this week! It tastes just like refined sugar. Another great substitute is maple sugar. It’s hard for me to find, locally, but easy to get online through Amazon.
How To Make Cinnamon Baked Apples In The Oven
For baked apples in the oven, add all your ingredients in an oven-proof dish, cover and cook at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes, or until apples are soft.
How To Make Baked Apples In The Microwave
This is the easiest method for baked apples and my favorite way to make them. Place the apple slices in a large, microwave-safe dish with a lid. Top apples with sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut oil and maple syrup and place the lid on top of the dish. A pyrex dish works great for this recipe. This is a good meal prep recipe for the weekend for a quick, healthy dessert.
Cook on high for 6 minutes. Stir well, and cook for 6 minutes more until apples are soft. Let rest for a few minutes before serving. These apples are even delicious cold! You can refrigerate these apples and they will stay fresh for up to a week.
If you are like me and love cooked fruit desserts, these really are the Best Roasted Maple Pears and another must-have fall dessert recipe!
Easy Cinnamon Baked Apples
- 6 apples your favorite type-Mcintosh or Gala bake beautifully, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tbsp Mahava Blonde Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp real maple syrup
- Place the apple slices into a large (microwave/oven safe) glass bowl with a lid.
- Top apples with all remaining ingredients and cover with the lid. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir until well mixed and cook another 6 minutes more.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and serve cold, or reheat to serve warm.
- For the oven method, place them in an oven-proof dish, cover and cook at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes, or until apples are soft.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019