A deliciously easy recipe for roasted maple pears using butter, apple cider, and maple syrup. Top with cottage cheese or ice cream for an amazing healthier dessert!
I love the fruits in season this time of year. It's a toss up between apples and pears for me, they both bake beautifully and make a delicious healthier dessert. I haven't made these roasted maple pears in several years. I'm really not sure why, they are absolutely amazing. Roasted maple pears make the perfect lighter dessert to satisfy a sweet tooth.
I honestly forget about recipes because I'm constantly trying out new things. This is one of those family favorites that need to be a regular in our rotation. For a snack, they are great topped with full-fat cottage cheese and for dessert, go for a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or frozen yogurt. Slap yo' mama good!!!
I like to use ripe Bosc pears and leave the skin on, but you can peel the pears if you prefer a softer texture. Bosc and Anjou pear varieties are the best for roasting since they hold their shape and texture when cooked.
If you love roasted pears, definitely check out these easy baked cinnamon apples that you can make in the microwave or the oven and a delicious recipe for our favorite healthier apple crisp recipe, and protein-packed stuffed baked apples. A few more must-try healthy and delicious fall fruit recipes!
Roasted Maple Pears are the perfect ending to any meal, any time of year.
Want a bite?!
Roasted Maple Pears
- 4 Bosc Pears halved and cored
- ½ cup apple cider or fresh pressed apple juice
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon real grade A maple syrup
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat cider or apple juice in the microwave for 1 minute
- Slice butter into pieces and stir into juice until melted
- Slice pears in half and scoop out just the seeds and core
- Place pears in a small baking dish
- Pour cider mixture over pears and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Drizzle maple syrup over top and bake for 30 minutes, basting with juice from the bottom of the pan every 10 minutes
- Serve warm