These fun fries are sweet, not savory and kids love this nutritious fool food! Trick your family this April Fool’s Day with these sweet and delicious apple “french fries” served with strawberry preserve “ketchup” for dipping.
I used Kiku apples for this recipe, not just because they are fun to say, but they are the perfect sweetness, nice and large for chopping, and hold up well when cooked. These guys look like apples on steroids. 😉
Using a crinkle cutter makes them look all the more deceiving.
Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar before baking in the oven.
Fool Fries #SundaySupper
- 4 apples peeled
- sugar or Swerve sweetener
- Cooking spray I use the coconut oil spray
- *optional: strawberry preserves for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice fries into strips with a crinkle cutter
- Toss with cinnamon and sugar or zero calorie Swerve
- Bake 8-12 minutes
Don’t miss out on more fun trickery from my Sunday Supper friends!
- Pina Colada Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Beer Jelly by Brunch with Joy
- Berry Smoothie Incognito by Lifestyle Food Aristry
- Mashed Potato Sundaes by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Roasted Broccoli Dip by Cooking Chat
- Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apple by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Sides & Snacks
- Shepherd’s Trifle by The Joyful Foodie
- Sneaky Veggie Spaghetti Sauce by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato “Frosting” by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- April Fools’ Strawberry Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo & Peas by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Pad Thai with Zoodles by Nosh My Way
- Middle Eastern Roast Chicken with Green Harissa by The Texan New Yorker
- Beef Avocado and Tomato Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Fake-out Sliders and Fries by The Redhead Baker
- Pot Luck Chili Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Fool by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon and “Egg” Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Poutine by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Cauliflower Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Fudgy Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Fruit Pizza by Whole Food | Real Families
- Mud Pies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gluten Free Joker Cakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.