A fluffy and flavorful savory gluten-free muffin recipe made with gluten-free baking mix, crumbled sausage, and sharp cheddar cheese. These savory muffins are perfect for breakfast or a tasty and filling snack.
How To Make Savory Gluten-Free Muffins For Breakfast
Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe:
1 lb ground sausage (can use chicken or turkey sausage if you want to reduce the fat)
3 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix (or your favorite gluten-free baking mix with leavening ingredients included)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups 2% milk
1 egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground sausage, crumble and then set aside to cool. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adding in sausage, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Scoop mixture into muffin tins (greased or lined with parchment liners) filling to the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until tops are lightly golden. Makes 14 large muffins.
What To Serve With Gluten-Free Sausage Cheddar Muffins
I love serving these gluten-free muffins with my Crustless Spinach Quiche recipe. It's one of my favorite meal prep recipes. They also are a great addition to scrambled egg whites with fresh baby spinach and a serving of fresh fruit for breakfast. With 14 grams of protein per muffin and a good balance of carbs and fat, they also make a hearty and filling snack.
Gluten-Free Sausage Cheddar Muffins
- 1 lb ground sausage can use turkey sausage
- 3 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix or your favorite gluten-free baking mix with leavening ingredients
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese use the block and shred for most flavor
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground sausage, crumble and set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adding in sausage and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Scoop mixture into greased muffin tins filling to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until tops are lightly golden.
- Makes 14 large muffins.