This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I’m pretty obsessed with protein pancakes. I’ve been making them for a really long time and never seem to get tired of coming up with new recipe creations. These Gluten Free Protein Pancakes with casein powder have been a staple in our breakfast rotation for the last several weeks and we absolutely love them. They are even tasty and moist reheated in the toaster, so I make a huge batch and portion them out for the week. Not to mention, it’s a great way to enjoy fresh summer peaches!
These Cottage Cheese Pancakes were the first protein pancake recipe that I posted on my blog back in 2011. They have been a favorite in my family for years. The original recipe came from my Nana. My mom made them a lot when I was growing up. I changed the recipe up a bit to make it healthier and they still taste amazing. A few other favorites are these Pumpkin Flax Protein Pancakes, Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes, Gluten-Free Strawberry Flax Protein Pancakes, Wild Blueberry Protein Pancakes, Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes, Ricotta Cheese Pancakes and this light, fluffy and protein-packed Belgian Waffle Recipe.
Need a tasty and sugar-free way to top your gluten free protein pancakes?
I recommend sugar-free maple syrup and/or fruit sweetened with a little stevia. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness, without a lot of calories.
- 1 cup Pamela's gluten free baking mix
- ⅔ cup Optimum Nutrition vanilla casein powder
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp healthy oil avocado, olive, coconut, etc.
- ½ cup Fairlife skim milk
- ½-1 cup water more or less depending on desired texture-should be easy to stir and pour but not runny
- cooking spray for pan I love using avocado oil spray because of the high heat tolerance
- Heat a skillet over medium heat (don't cook these pancakes on too high a temp for best results)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl until mixed well
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet sprayed with cooking spray
- Cook until bubbles begin to form, then flip and cook other side.
- Repeat until all batter is used.