A fluffy and delicious recipe for gluten-free protein pancakes made with casein protein powder and topped with fresh summer peaches.
I'm pretty obsessed with protein pancakes. I've been making them for a really long time and never seem to get tired of coming up with new recipe creations. These gluten-free pancakes with casein powder have been a staple in our breakfast rotation for the last several weeks and we absolutely love them. They are even tasty and moist reheated in the toaster, so I make a huge batch and portion them out for the week. Not to mention, it's a great way to enjoy fresh summer peaches!
These Cottage Cheese Pancakes were the first protein pancake recipe that I posted on my blog back in 2011. They have been a favorite in my family for years. The original recipe came from my Nana. My mom made them a lot when I was growing up. I changed the recipe up a bit to make it healthier and they still taste amazing. A few other favorites are these Pumpkin Flax Protein Pancakes, Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes, Gluten-Free Strawberry Flax Protein Pancakes, Wild Blueberry Protein Pancakes, Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes, Ricotta Cheese Pancakes and this light, fluffy and protein-packed Belgian Waffle Recipe.
Pancake Topping Ideas
I recommend homemade blueberry compote or raspberry compote. So easy and amazing on pancakes!! I also love sugar-free or real maple syrup and/or fresh fruit sweetened with a little stevia. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness, without a lot of calories.
Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes with Fresh Peaches
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix *I used Pamela's GF baking mix
- ⅔ cup vanilla casein powder
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil can also use coconut, olive or avocado oil
- ½ cup Fairlife skim milk
- ½-1 cup water more or less depending on desired texture-should be easy to stir and pour but not runny
- cooking spray for pan I love using avocado oil spray because of the high heat tolerance
- Heat a skillet over medium heat (don't cook these pancakes on too high a temp for best results)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl until mixed well
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet sprayed with cooking spray
- Cook until bubbles begin to form, then flip and cook other side.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Leave a Reply