This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This is our favorite low-carb and keto diet-friendly crustless quiche recipe made with bacon, steamed broccoli, fresh baby spinach, onions, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Quiche is one of those versatile dishes that you can serve any time of day. I love to whip up different quiche variations, using up whatever happens to be in my fridge at the time. Fridge dump day rocks and as a huge bonus, you cut down on food waste.
You can throw a lot of veggies in a quiche for a fast and healthy meal. This favorite low-carb loaded crustless quiche recipe can be assembled the night before and baked when you’re ready to eat. Quiche is one of my family’s favorite, protein-packed, quick-and-easy dinners. We are big fans of breakfast all day over here!
How To Make A Low-Carb Crustless Quiche
Ingredients You’ll Need:
6 whole eggs
A cup of whole milk
1 cup of steamed and cooled broccoli crowns
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
1 cup fresh baby spinach
8 oz Cabot seriously sharp cheddar cheese, shredded from block
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tbsp butter
Spices: paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and set aside. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
Add onions and cook 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
Add spinach and stir until wilted.
Pour spinach and onion mixture into the pie plate and spread to cover the bottom of the plate.
Top with cooked broccoli and bacon.
Whisk eggs with milk and spices until blended then stir in the shredded cheese then pour into the pie plate.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is set and a knife comes out clean. Allow it to set for 5 minutes and serve warm with a mixed green salad or fresh fruit.
A couple more delicious must-try crustless quiche recipes are this Cheeseburger Quiche (made with a meat crust) and low-carb Crustless Spinach Quiche. If you love the crust, then definitely give this gluten-free Ham Spinach and Gruyere Quiche a try!
*Note: This post was originally published in May 2014. It has been updated throughout. The tasty recipe remains the same. 🙂
Loaded Crustless Quiche
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup broccoli crowns steamed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 8 oz Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a pie pan with cooking spray or olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add chopped onions and cook 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Pour spinach and onion mixture into pie plate, distributing evenly.
- Top with cooked broccoli and bacon.
- Whisk egg, milk and seasonings together until well blended.
- Stir shredded cheese into egg mixture and pour over vegetables and bacon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with salad and/or fresh fruit.