This delicious dish is gluten-free and Paleo and absolutely incredible!! My friend, Donna, told me about this great slicer a few weeks ago that makes “noodles” out of vegetables, slices apples and potatoes very thin and is very simple to use. I was immediately sold, especially when I saw the price tag! It’s very reasonable for all of the great features and it’s simple to clean and operate. I absolutely love it!! Here are my zucchini “noodles” freshly sliced for spaghetti.
There is very little waste of the vegetable, you end up with a mushroom shaped portion left over that you can eat raw or slice up for another dish. You can also chop it up and saute it into your sauce.
- 2 stalks celery chopped finely
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 2 23.5oz jars marinara sauce (or your favorite spaghetti sauce low in sugar)
- 3 medium zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size pan, saute celery, onion, mushrooms and garlic in the 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook until vegetables are soft as set aside
- Brown ground beef, drain and add to vegetable mixture
- In a large pot, add the 2 jars pasta sauce, the ground beef mixture and the zucchini noodles
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer uncovered for 10-20 minutes until zucchini is al dente