A healthy, protein-packed, recipe for flavorful Crustless Southwest Quiche Muffins using lean ground beef, eggs, cheese, and spices. This recipe was created in partnership with Beef. It's What's For Dinner on behalf of The Beef Checkoff. I have been compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own.
I'm pretty much addicted to these easy grab-and-go mini quiches. They are super simple to make and have so much more flavor than plain scrambled eggs. I eat eggs almost every day for breakfast, but I love adding other lean proteins to them, like lean ground beef, to jazz up the flavor and boost the protein content.
Protein is great for satiety, but did you know that getting 20-30 grams of lean protein at each meal for women and 40-60 grams per meal for men can actually help promote lean body mass and aid in weight loss?
It really does a body good! I make a conscious effort to hit my protein macros each day, building lean muscle is an important goal for me with my resistance training. The folks over at Beef It's What's For Dinner have a great nutrition resource on beef for strength, health, and vitality. Not to mention, you'll also find plenty of recipe inspiration to help you meet your goals!
How To Make Crustless Southwest Quiche Muffins
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Lean ground beef (I go for 93-96% lean)
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Whole eggs
- Egg whites
- Finely chopped green pepper
- Fresh tomato
- Sharp cheddar cheese (grated from the block for best flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a non-stick skillet until no longer pink
- Stir in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and chili powder
- Remove from the heat and set aside
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining spices.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Divide the beef mixture among the 12 cups
- Then top with the chopped peppers, cheese, and tomatoes
- Pour the egg mixture, evenly, over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
Egg muffins are perfect for meal prep! After muffins have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, pop them in the microwave at 50% power, checking at 30-second increments, until heated through. You can freeze egg muffins for up to three months. Just wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap and place them into an airtight freezer container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and warm in the morning as directed above.
More Protein-Packed Breakfast Recipes
Meal Prep Low-Carb Breakfast Burritos
Southwest Beef Breakfast Muffins
Pepper Steak Breakfast Burritos
If you love this recipe I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Stay posted on my latest cooking adventures through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Crustless Southwest Quiche Muffins
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups liquid egg whites
- ¾ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese shredded from block
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon salt, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, remaining salt, paprika, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Divide cooked beef, evenly, among the cups.
- Then top with peppers, cheese and tomatoes.
- Pour egg mixture, evenly, over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Store leftover egg cups in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Leave a Reply