This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
*This Fiesta Black Bean and Corn Mojo Salad post is sponsored by Branch-A Family of Farms. All opinions are my own.
Corn and black beans go together like peanut butter and jelly. I love so many variations of summer salads with this tasty, nutritious combo. Whenever I make marinated flank steak on the grill, this side salad always comes to mind as an accompaniment. Fiesta Black Bean and Corn Mojo Salad makes a perfect light summer dish.
Another similar appetizer or side dish that will rock your socks off is my mother-in-law's famous Texas Caviar. I make this a lot in the summertime to serve with grilled meats. It's quick, healthy and light and it's seriously to-die-for. The only problem with this recipe is that you can't stop eating it.
Fiesta Black Bean and Corn Mojo Salad
I used Branch Gourmet Extra Sweet Corn in this Mojo Salad recipe. You can find Branch Gourmet Extra Sweet Corn at your local Publix in the produce section. You might also remember that I showcased Branch Gourmet Extra Sweet Corn in my Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls post.
That recipe is amazing too, and makes a great healthy summer salad. I love that this sweet corn already has the ends trimmed and husks and silk removed for easy preparation. It's not your standard sweet corn that you have to shuck in store. This delicious sweet corn is hand-selected exclusively for Publix.
Let me know if you try this mojo salad recipe. I always love your thoughts and feedback! Feel free to tag me on social media, as well. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter sharing more healthy recipes and fitness tips. Enjoy!
- 2 ears of fresh corn husk and silk removed
- 15 oz can of black beans-drained and rinsed
- 4 Roma tomatoes diced
- ½ sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tbsp. orange zest
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- Wrap each ear of corn in a damp paper towel and place into a covered microwaveable dish.
- Microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Cut corn off the cobb and place it into a large bowl.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and onion.
- Combine olive oil, juices, cilantro, garlic, zest, honey, and spices in a blender and blend until combined.
- Pour over bean and corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Top with chopped avocado right before serving.