I LOVE fresh spinach tossed in a sweet and savory dressing. This flavor combination is so amazing and the almonds give the salad a wonderful crunch. Fresh, local strawberries are in abundance right now and this is a great, healthy way to enjoy the harvest. I have made Freezer Jam, Fresh Strawberries with a Pomegranate Balsamic Reduction, Strawberry Tres Leche Trifle and this scrumptious strawberry spinach salad with the 3 buckets that I just picked. I am feeling a little sad that they are almost gone, so I think I’ll make a trip back to the farm and get some more. 🙂 So many delicious strawberry options……
- 1 quart of fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 lb fresh baby spinach- rinsed dried and hard stems removed
- 4 oz Havarti cheese cubed
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced sweet onion
- dash dry mustard
Place spinach, cheese, almonds and strawberries in a large bowl.
Place all remaining ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
Drizzle all over salad, toss to coat and serve.