A tasty and easy blender recipe for strawberry protein banana ice cream made with frozen banana, strawberries, protein powder (whey or plant-based), and coconut milk that's packed with muscle-building protein and incredibly delicious! You get 27 grams of protein per serving in this delicious frozen treat!
This recipe was originally inspired by a Weight Watchers recipe that my blogging friend, Angie, shared on her website Successful Together for Strawberry Banana Freeze. I loved this simple and quick healthy "ice cream" recipe aka nice cream that literally took less than five minutes to whip up. Any high-powered blender or food processor should work great for this recipe.
I have a small ice cream attachment for my Blendtec blender that I used for this recipe. My Vitamix works like a champ, too.
I wanted to create a high-protein version of the strawberry banana freeze that I could eat as an afternoon or bedtime snack that contained quality protein, healthy fat, and some good nutrient-dense carbohydrates. This adapted whey ice cream recipe turned out delicious and best of all, it fits great into a macro-friendly diet!
It comes out smooth and creamy straight from the blender.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Strawberries- use whole frozen strawberries for the best nice cream texture
- Banana- you'll use half a frozen banana for this recipe
- Coconut milk- use full-fat canned coconut milk for creamy dreamy protein powder nice cream
- Strawberry protein powder- I used Earth Fed Muscle strawberry whey and it turned out incredibly delicious. You can also go with a plant-based protein powder for sugar-free dairy-free ice cream.
- Vanilla- go with a good quality vanilla extract for the best flavor.
How To Make Protein Banana Ice Cream with Strawberries
Place all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix. Blend until smooth and creamy. I blend this on low then pulse until it has the texture of soft-serve ice cream. You can enjoy it immediately or freeze it for 1-2 hours in a sealed container for a more traditional ice cream texture (as shown here).
Dig in, enjoy and get after those gains! 😉
Strawberry Protein Banana Ice Cream
- ¼ cup canned full fat coconut milk can use low-fat
- 8 strawberries, frozen
- ½ banana, frozen and sliced
- 1 scoop strawberry protein powder whey or plant-based
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender or small food processor and blend on low or the ice cream setting on a Blendtec and Vitamix until soft serve consistency is achieved.