This easy Vitamix Vegan Ice Cream is a delicious non-dairy ice cream made with creamy coconut milk, cocoa powder, and dates, with an added protein boost!
This vegan ice cream recipe is adapted from the Chocolate Vitamix ice cream recipe and I love this lactose-free healthier version. For the toppings, I went with an Almond Joy theme since they are my absolute favorite candy bars. This dairy-free sweet treat is delicious and way more macro-friendly than traditional ice cream.
I used my Vitamix to make this "ice cream" in less than 5 minutes. If you don't have a Vitamix or a Blendtec blender (you'll need a high-powered blender), then half the recipe for a regular blender and you'll have a rich and delicious frozen protein shake. A refreshing treat any time of year.
Ingredients you'll need
- Coconut milk- make sure to use canned full-fat coconut milk for the best ice cream texture
- Chocolate plant-based protein powder- go with your favorite here, since the protein powder will affect the taste and texture of the ice cream. Orgain and Organifi are good options.
- Cocoa powder- for rich chocolate flavor
- Vanilla extract- enhances the flavor of the chocolate and balances sweetness
- Dates- go with large Medjool dates and make sure to remove the pits. Dates add rich caramel-like sweetness and pair beautifully with the chocolate.
How to make Vitamix vegan ice cream
Step 1. Place all of the ingredients into the Vitamix canister in the order listed and secure the lid.
Step 2. Select Variable 1, turn on the machine, and quickly increase the speed to Variable 10, then to high. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds will form. Stop the machine, or melting will occur. Enjoy immediately.
Vitamix ice cream is best consumed right away. Vitamix ice cream recipes typically call for a lot of ice to create the desired consistency of soft-serve ice cream. You can freeze coconut cream, or the milk variety that you are using for the base in ice cube trays to give the blender ice cream a creamier texture. For a more scoopable texture, I freeze it in a loaf pan and cover it with wax paper and let it set for a few hours.
If you love this Vitamix vegan ice cream recipe, I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Vitamix Vegan Ice Cream
- 1 cup coconut milk use unsweetened full-fat canned coconut milk for best results
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder go with your favorite plant-based protein powder here for the best flavor
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large Medjool dates pitted
- 4 cups ice cubes
- *optional toppings- shredded coconut, dark chocolate shavings and almonds for topping
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10 and then to high.
- Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine or melting will occur.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023