This is a wonderful ice-cream substitute that is full of muscle building protein! I created this Almond Joy Ice Cream recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings. I am in love with the results. I used my Vitamix to make this “ice cream” in less than 5 minutes. If you don’t have a Vitamix, then half the recipe for the blender and you’ll have a rich and delicious frozen protein shake. A refreshing treat anytime. Enjoy~
Almond Joy “Ice Cream”
Almond Joy "Ice cream" - Dairy Free and Sugar Free!
- 1 cup So Delicious coconut milk, unsweetened (50 calorie version)
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I use BSN Lean Dessert protein, but go with your favorite)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups ice cubes
- *optional- slivered almonds for topping
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10 and then to high.
- Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine or melting will occur.
- Enjoy immediately.