This easy Almond Joy Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Ice Cream is a wonderful ice-cream substitute that is full of muscle building protein!
This Almond Joy dairy-free ice cream recipe is adapted from the Chocolate Vitamix ice cream recipe to satisfy my Almond Joy candy cravings. Almond Joys are my absolute favorite candy bars. My daughter usually shares her Almond Joys with me at Halloween because she knows how much I love them.
I am in love with this ice cream substitute and it’s way more macro-friendly than a candy bar. I used my Vitamix to make this “ice cream” in less than 5 minutes. If you don’t have a Vitamix or a Blendtec blender (you’ll need a high-powered blender), then half the recipe for a regular blender and you’ll have a rich and delicious frozen protein shake. A refreshing treat anytime of year.
How To Make Easy Almond Joy Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Helpful tip for creamier protein shakes and ice cream
*Freeze your favorite non-dairy milk in ice cube trays to replace ice in your shake and blender ice cream recipes. It will give you the frozen texture you are after and won’t water down your shake or ice cream like regular ice.
- 1 cup So Delicious coconut milk unsweetened (50 calorie version)
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder I use BSN Lean Dessert protein, but go with your favorite
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups ice cubes
- *optional- slivered almonds for topping
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10 and then to high.
- Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine or melting will occur.
- Enjoy immediately.