This Mango and wild blueberry yogurt smoothie is a simple and delicious way to get a dose of whole-food protein for breakfast. This easy breakfast smoothie recipe uses frozen wild blueberries, frozen mango, almond milk and Greek yogurt.
This tasty nutrient-packed protein smoothie uses Wyman's frozen wild Maine blueberries (my favorite frozen blueberries), frozen mango chunks, unsweetened almond milk and plain low-fat Greek yogurt. I used the Cabot plain Greek yogurt for this recipe that had 180 calories, 5 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbs and 22 grams of protein per 1 cup serving.
I figured that this would be helpful for those of you that are tracking macros to see how I came up with the nutrition information for this recipe.
Boost The Nutrients In This Yogurt Smoothie With Greens!
The handful of spinach is optional. It's a great way to get more green plants in your diet for a nice nutrient boost. I use about 1 cup of unpacked baby spinach leaves when I add it to the recipe.
You can also use a scoop (or half a scoop) of your favorite brand of vanilla protein powder if you are wanting to boost the protein in this recipe. A scoop of super green powder will also work well in this recipe to replace the handful of spinach. I love adding greens into my smoothies and protein shakes. This Tropical Protein Super Green Smoothie Recipe and Tropical Blueberry Kale Smoothie are a couple more tasty green smoothie favorite recipes.
Versatile and tasty, protein-packed smoothies are one of my favorite quick and easy meals. You can whip them up in less than five minutes. You also get all of your macronutrients in one tasty shake.
If you love yogurt smoothie recipes, then you will also love this Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl and Blueberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl made with Greek yogurt.
*This post has been updated from the original recipe posted in Oct. 2014
The Best Mango Wild Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt *I used Cabot Greek yogurt with 22 g of protein
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup Wyman's of Maine frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Whole Earth Sweetener *my favorite zero calorie sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful fresh spinach *optional (can also add a scoop of greens powder)
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Leave a Reply