A delicious tropical protein super green smoothie recipe made with pineapple juice, frozen mango, fresh spinach, banana, and vanilla protein powder for an extra muscle-building boost.
I love green juices and smoothies. It's the perfect way to get picky eaters to eat green vegetables and an awesome way to get more greens in your diet. Adding berries can disguise the green color if you want to sneak the greens in for the kiddos. This Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie, Tropical Blueberry Kale Smoothie, and Green Goddess Kale Smoothie are just a few of my favorite green smoothie recipes.
Basic Formula For A Protein Super Green Smoothie
If you want to learn the basics of what to add to your blender to make the perfect green smoothie recipe, you just need a few key ingredients:
- A liquid base (milk, nut milk, coconut water, or juice)
- Fresh baby spinach or kale
- Frozen fruit (berries, tropical fruits, bananas, etc.)
- Protein powder (whey or plant-based) or Greek yogurt
- A healthy fat (avocado, nut butter, seeds, etc.)
You can adjust the quantities of each ingredient to work with your own dietary preferences. If you are watching your carbohydrate intake, then you would eliminate the juice, use less fruit and more fats. If you are using frozen fruit to make your smoothie, then you don't need to add ice.
This protein super green smoothie doesn't taste green at all, it's absolutely delicious!
Check out these 25 Favorite Green Smoothie Recipes for more green smoothie inspiration!
Tropical Protein Super Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup mango chunks
- ¼ avocado
- ⅓ banana
- 28 g vanilla whey protein powder
- Blend spinach, almond milk and pineapple juice until smooth and blended
- Add mango, avocado, banana and protein powder and blend until desired consistency is achieved