This coconut banana smoothie made with coconut cream, almond butter, almond milk, and frozen banana is the perfect breakfast on the go.
This delicious smoothie recipe is Whole30 challenge approved, not to mention easy to make. Great for lunch or a healthy after-school snack for kids.
- Frozen banana- I keep peeled frozen bananas in my freezer for quick smoothies. Just peel a ripe banana, wrap it in plastic wrap, and place them in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Coconut cream- I use full-fat canned coconut cream for smoothies. It's convenient and the fat content makes smoothies creamy and flavorful.
- Almond milk- go for unsweetened almond milk that doesn't have additives. It's great if you make your own, but you can often find good quality almond milk at your local grocer. Califia Farms and New Barn almond milk are good choices.
- Chia seeds- for an added source of fiber, omega 3 fat, and other beneficial nutrients. Chia seeds are a tiny nutrition powerhouse with proven health benefits.
- Almond butter- homemade almond butter is best or any that does not contain added sweeteners or additives.
- Ice cubes- for a perfect smoothie texture.
- Optional: A scoop of protein powder- not Whole30, but great for a quick meal-in-a-glass! (with 28 grams of whey protein you'll get 30 grams of total protein for this shake)
The consistency is very rich and creamy and makes the best shakes and smoothies!
Another ingredient that I love to throw into my protein shakes and smoothies are white chia seeds. You can use white or black chia seeds. You can also substitute with ground golden flaxseed.
To make the coconut banana smoothie, combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or Vitamix, and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
More Delicious & Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Tropical Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Mango Wild Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
Tropical Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
Coconut Banana Smoothie
- 1 whole frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- a few ice cubes
- 28 g vanilla whey protein powder *optional (but not Whole30 compliant if you are following the diet)
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or Vitamix.
- Place lid on blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Yummmmm!! I love coconut smoothies, and this sounds like a perfect start to the day.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
I am all over smoothies right now. This sounds amazing!
Thank you Dorthy! Minnie, coconut is my favorite, too. 🙂
Eileen @ Wellness and Workouts
That looks like a delicious recipe. I love coconut products. I love how they taste, how they energize, how they help boost metabolism. And I especially love coconut ingredients in smoothies. Thanks for posting!
Thank you Eileen! You should see my pantry...full of every kind of coconut product you can think of. We love it, too!!