This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A healthy recipe for a delicious peanut butter banana smoothie made with frozen banana, natural peanut butter, milk (or milk alternative), flaxseed, and whey protein. This kid-approved smoothie is easy and delicious!
I was visiting my mom recently and she showed me this clever idea for making individual serving size smoothies. Just use a mason jar in place of the blender container. How brilliant is that?!
Not only does this whip up a perfect serving size, but it's super cute, too. I love serving drinks in mason jars, maybe it's a southern thing but I love them. I also have a lot of them on hand for canning, since I garden. This way there is no need to go out and buy the fancy blender brand containers for blending small portions.
This works great on my Osterizer Classic Beehive blender and will work with any Oster brand blender, but I am not sure about other brands. It's worth a try if you have a lot of jars on hand. Now for an awesome smoothie recipe that is my kid's absolute favorite. They request this for breakfast almost daily.
How To Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Ingredients You'll Need:
1 frozen banana
1 cup whole milk (can use almond, coconut or soy milk)
2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter (we like a lot of peanut butter!-you can also use PB2 powdered peanut butter to lower fat & calories)
½ tbsp ground golden flaxseed (they'll never know it's in there!)
1 packet stevia (or 1 tbsp raw honey)
1 scoop unflavored protein powder
2-3 ice cubes
Blend and enjoy.
The Best Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup low-fat milk can use almond, coconut or soy milk
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter you can also use PB2 powdered peanut butter to lower fat and calories
- ½ tbsp ground golden flaxseed they'll never know it's in there!
- 1 packet stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey
- 28 grams unflavored whey protein powder
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021