I was visiting my mom recently and she showed me this clever idea for making individual serving size smoothies. Just use a mason jar in place of the blender container. How brilliant is that?!
Not only does this whip up a perfect serving size, but it’s super cute, too. I love serving drinks in mason jars, maybe it’s a southern thing but I love them. I also have a lot of them on hand for canning, since I garden. This way there is no need to go out and buy the fancy blender brand containers for blending small portions.
This works great on my Osterizer Classic Beehive blender and will work with any Oster brand blender, but I am not sure about other brands. It’s worth a try if you have a lot of jars on hand. Now for an awesome smoothie recipe that is my kid’s absolute favorite. They request this for breakfast often.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 cup whole milk (can use almond, coconut or soy milk)
2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter (we like a lot of peanut butter!-you can also use PB2 powdered peanut butter if you are watching your calories…it’s delicious)
1/2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed (they’ll never know it’s in there!)
1 packet Stevia in the Raw brand granulated stevia (or 1 tbsp raw honey)
1 scoop protein powder
2-3 ice cubes
Blend and enjoy.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie & A Clever Blender Jar Substitute
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup low fat milk can use almond, coconut or soy milk
- 2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter we like a lot of peanut butter!-you can also use PB2 powdered peanut butter if you are watching your calories...it's delicious
- 1/2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed they'll never know it's in there!
- 1 packet Stevia in the Raw brand granulated stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth