This delicious and healthy mixed berry smoothie recipe is made with Greek yogurt, whey protein, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, banana, almond milk, and ground golden flaxseed.
You can never have too many smoothie recipes, right?! They are tasty, portable, quick to make, and nutritious. A meal in a glass is sometimes the best option for busy mornings. They even make an awesome protein-packed afternoon snack. Especially as the weather starts to warm up, so does my craving for smoothies and protein shakes. I love this combination of fruit. It is just the right amount of sweetness with a little fiber boost from the ground flaxseed. My kids give this healthy and tasty smoothie "two thumbs up" and that makes everyone happy!
Ingredients For This Smoothie
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen strawberries
- Half a banana
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Unsweetened almond milk
- 28 grams whey isolate protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- Truvia (or another stevia-based sweetener)
- Optional add-in: Ground golden flaxseed
You can use the full-fat Greek yogurt in this recipe instead of the non-fat if you prefer. Sometimes I like to substitute full-fat yogurt in recipes because it's creamier and has more flavor than the fat-free version. Also, feel free to substitute the almond milk for another nut milk variety, soy milk, or regular milk to work with your personal dietary preferences. When sweetening smoothies, I like to go with a stevia-based sweetener, but honey and other sugar alternatives will work well in this recipe. If you're using a vanilla-flavored protein powder you may not need to add additional sweetener, depending on the sweetness of the whey. You can always blend, taste, and add more sweetener if needed.
You can whip up this simple smoothie in a flash! It takes less than 5 minutes to make a filling shake that will keep you full for hours. It's a great way to start the day, especially when you're on the run!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
Tropical Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
Mango Wild Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
High Protein Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Blueberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie
- ⅓ cup organic frozen blueberries
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup organic frozen strawberries
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 28 g whey protein powder unflavored or vanilla
- 1 packet truvia
- *optional add in- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed
- Throw all ingredients into a blender, blend and enjoy.
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Leave a Reply