This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
You’ll love this easy stovetop granola recipe made in a skillet with rolled oats, chia seeds, almonds, dried fruit, maple syrup and olive oil.
This Easy Stovetop Granola recipe is inspired by California Almond’s Gluten-Free Skillet Almond Granola recipe that I had at Blog Brûlée a couple of years ago. I had every intention of blogging this right after my trip and well…..life…., so here I am FINALLY sharing this amazing recipe.
I went back for seconds when they served this over Siggi’s plain Skyr yogurt, it’s so incredibly DELICIOUS!! Not to mention, this stovetop granola takes less than 10 minutes to make.
I just switched up a few things to work with ingredients that I had on hand. This granola recipe is so simple and the flavors mingle beautifully together. It’s great as a cereal or use it as a topping for yogurt, ice cream or cottage cheese.
You can get really creative with this granola recipe and use your favorite dried fruits, nuts and seeds to make it your own. This Skillet Fruit & Nut Granola makes a nutritious and filling breakfast or snack.
*Power up your granola cereal with this muscle-building tip: mix 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein powder with 1- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond,soy or fat-free milk to enjoy with your cereal or oatmeal.
If you have a little more time to spend, I love this sheet pan homemade granola recipe! I also have a Paleo Cinnamon Crunch granola made without grains. If parfaits are your jam, you might want to try this Protein Granola Greek Yogurt Parfait.
Easy Stovetop Granola Recipe with Fruit and NutsPrint Pin Rate
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 4-5 pitted Medjool dates chopped
- 1/4 cup about 1 1/2 ounces chia seeds (or ground flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oats and nuts and cook 5 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring frequently. Drizzle in oil and maple syrup and crumble sugar over all; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy granola? I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram @ameecooks if you make this recipe! I love to see your creations.