This Skillet Fruit & Nut Granola recipe is inspired by California Almond’s Gluten-Free Skillet Almond Granola recipe that I had at Blog Brûlée a couple of years ago. I had every intention of blogging this right after my trip and well…..life…., so here I am FINALLY sharing this amazing recipe. I went back for seconds when they served this over Siggi’s plain Skyr yogurt, it’s so incredibly DELICIOUS!! Not to mention, it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
I just switched up a few things to work with ingredients that I had on hand. This recipe is so simple and the flavors mingle beautifully together. You can get really creative with this granola recipe and use your favorite dried fruits, nuts and seeds to make it your own. This Skillet Fruit & Nut Granola makes a nutritious and filling breakfast or snack.
Skillet Fruit & Nut Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 4-5 pitted Medjool dates chopped
- 1/4 cup about 1 1/2 ounces chia seeds (or ground flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oats and nuts and cook 5 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown, stirring frequently. Drizzle in oil and maple syrup and crumble sugar over all; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
*Power up your skillet fruit & nut granola cereal with this muscle-building tip: mix 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein powder with 1- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond,soy or fat-free milk to enjoy with your cereal or oatmeal.