This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A quick and easy recipe for energy bites made with peanut butter, dried fruit, and two kinds of seeds for a nutrient-dense snack on-the-go. These peanut butter and "jelly" bites are simple enough for kids to make, not to mention a really nutritious treat.
I love this variation of my original energy bites recipe. I added fiber-rich chia seeds and dried fruit for a different flavor combination. My husband competed in a CrossFit competition last weekend and these little snacks were the perfect fuel in between workouts to keep him going strong!
Sometimes you just want something, portable that doesn't need to be refrigerated for a quick energy boost. Whether you are hiking, trail running, biking, weight lifting, or just have a physically demanding job, these snacks are a great way to get nutrients in your body quickly. They taste pretty amazing, too. Throw them in your gym bag, backpack, lunch box, etc. for whenever you need a little energy boost because being hangry is no fun.
Try these PB & J energy bites to fuel you through your day!
- Quick oats- whole oats will work well here, too, so go with your preference
- Unsweetened shredded coconut-lightly toasted
- Dried fruit of choice-I used dried cherries and golden raisins
- Crunchy peanut butter- I used a no-stir organic peanut butter
- Ground golden flaxseed
- Chia seeds -white or black
- Honey- I love using raw, local honey in my recipes
- Vanilla extract- go with a good quality vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla.
Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer.
Blend until well incorporated.
Roll into tbsp size balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Energy Bite Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites
- 1 cup dry quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut lightly toasted
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter no stir binds the best
- ¼ cup ground golden flaxseed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Blend until well incorporated.
- Roll into tbsp size balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.