A quick and easy recipe for energy bites made with peanut butter, dried fruit and two kinds of seeds for a nutrient dense snack on-the-go. These peanut butter and “jelly” bites are simple enough for kids to make, not to mention a really nutritious treat.
I love this variation of my original energy bites recipe. I added fiber-rich chia seeds and dried fruit for a different flavor combination. My husband competed in a CrossFit competition last weekend and these little snacks were the perfect fuel in between workouts to keep him going strong!
Sometimes you just want something, portable that doesn’t need to be refrigerated for a quick energy-boost. Whether you are hiking, trail running, biking, weight lifting, or just have a physically demanding job, these snacks are great way to get nutrients in your body quickly. They taste pretty amazing, too. Throw them in your gym bag, backpack, lunch box, etc. for whenever you need a little energy boost because being hangry is no fun.
Try these PB & J energy bites to fuel you through your day!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 cup dry quick oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
½ cup dried fruit (I used dried cherries and golden raisins)
½ cup crunchy organic peanut butter
¼ cup ground golden flaxseed
¼ cup chia seeds (white or black)
⅓ cup raw honey
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
How To Make PB&J Energy Bites:
Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer.
Blend until well incorporated.
Roll into tbsp size balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here are a few more of my favorite energy bite recipes to try:
- 1 cup dry quick oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup dried fruit I used dried cherries and golden raisins
- 1/2 cup crunchy organic peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds white or black
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Blend until well incorporated.
- Roll into tbsp size balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.