These raw chocolate peanut butter bliss balls made with whole oats and ground flaxseed are reminiscent of the sinfully delicious "no-bake" cookies that I adored as a child and full of tasty nutrition. These energy balls are delicious, easy, and a perfect snack for meal prep!
These bliss balls are made with whole grains, high fiber ingredients, and no refined sugar. Not to mention, you can make them vegan by using vegan chocolate chips!
A Nutritious Grab-and-Go Snack
My kids love these quick and easy bite-size healthy treats and they are easy enough for them to make. My mom clipped this recipe out of her local paper for me, because she knows how much I love this flavor combo. I made a few changes from the original, but it's a keeper for sure. These peanut butter bliss balls make a great grab-and-go nutritious snack for kids, or pop a few of these no-bake bliss balls in your gym bag for an awesome post-workout snack!
- Whole oatmeal- aka old fashioned oats
- Toasted coconut flakes- you can also use regular coconut without toasting but toasting adds a bit more flavor. When I want to cut the sugar, I use unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Chocolate chips- can also use vegan chocolate chips
- Peanut butter- creamy no-stir peanut butter works best for this recipe
- Honey- I also love to use real maple syrup in this recipe
- Ground golden flaxseed- these little seeds are bursting with nutrients and a great source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals
- Good quality vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter. This recipe makes 2 dozen balls. How easy is that? If you're feeling a bit more indulgent, dip the balls in dark chocolate...now it's an amazing snack-size dessert. Everything is better with chocolate, right? Definitely, my favorite way to get antioxidants. 😉
Store the bliss balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze up to 3 months. They are delicious right out of the freezer!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- 1 cup whole oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes you can also use regular coconut (not toasted)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground golden flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey or real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.