These little no bake energy bites are reminiscent of the sinfully delicious “no bake” cookies that I adored as a child. These energy balls are delicious and much healthier than those super sugary and calorie laden no bakes! They have protein, high fiber ingredients and no refined sugar. Not to mention, you can make them vegan by using vegan chocolate chips!
[bctt tweet=”No Bake Energy Bites make a great, nutritious breakfast or snack for kids. ” username=””]
A healthy treat that they’ll enjoy. My mom clipped this recipe out of her local paper for me. I made a few changes from the original, but it’s a keeper for sure!
No Bake Energy Bites
1 cup dry, whole oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips (can use vegan cc)
1/2 cup peanut butter (natural and organic)
1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed
1/3 cup light amber organic agave nectar (can sub honey here)
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
dash sea salt
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Makes about 20-25 balls.
Feeling more indulgent?? Dip them in dark chocolate……..
Everything is better with chocolate, right?!! I love the antioxidant excuse, too.
- 1 cup dry whole oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/3 cup light amber organic agave nectar can sub honey here
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.