This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These little no bake oatmeal chocolate chip energy bites are reminiscent of the sinfully delicious “no bake” cookies that I adored as a child and full of tasty nutrition. These energy balls are delicious and much healthier than those super sugary and calorie laden no bakes!
These energy bites have protein, high fiber ingredients and no refined sugar. Not to mention, you can make them vegan by using vegan chocolate chips!
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites make a great, nutritious breakfast or snack for kids.
My kids love these quick and easy bite-size healthy treats and they are easy enough for them to make. My mom clipped this recipe out of her local paper for me, because she knows how much I love this flavor combo. I made a few changes from the original, but it’s a keeper for sure!
Pop a few of these No Bake Energy Bites in your gym bag for an awesome post-workout snack!
1 cup dry, whole oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips (can use vegan cc)
1/2 cup peanut butter (natural and organic)
1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed
1/3 cup light amber organic agave nectar (can sub honey here)
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
dash sea salt
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Makes about 20-25 balls.
Feeling more indulgent?? Dip the balls in dark chocolate…now it’s an amazing snack-size dessert.
Everything is better with chocolate, right?!! Definitely my favorite way to get antioxidants. 😉
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites....no refined sugar and so simple!
- 1 cup dry whole oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 1/3 cup light amber organic agave nectar can sub honey here
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll into balls about an inch in diameter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019
- The Best Roasted Vegetable Salad - November 5, 2019
- Pumpkin Oat Flour Pancakes Made With Kefir - October 31, 2019