This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A light and delicious recipe for citrus and balsamic marinated shrimp made with garlic, fresh lemon or lime, and white balsamic vinegar. This chilled marinated shrimp recipe is easy and perfect for topping salads.
How To Serve Marinated Shrimp
These flavorful chilled shrimp are so tasty. You can serve them over lettuce with toothpicks for a simple and elegant appetizer, or you can serve them in the small shooter glasses with fresh sliced avocado, lettuce and a sprig of cilantro. Either way, they are fancy schmancy yet easy breezy! These shrimp make an easy appetizer recipe for a party, bridal shower, luncheon or summer cookout.
How To Make Chilled Marinated Shrimp
Ingredients You'll Need:
- large, cooked shrimp
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Good-quality white balsamic vinegar
- Agave nectar (or sugar)
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lemon zest
- Fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Whisk together all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large bowl. Place cooked shrimp in a large resealable bag and pour in marinade mixture. Seal and marinate shrimp for 8-24 hours, turning the bag occasionally. Serve on a platter over lettuce (I used arugula) and serve with toothpicks. You can also serve, as mentioned above, in single-serve glasses with fresh avocado. Garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Easy Chilled Marinated Shrimp
- 1 ½ lbs large cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup good quality white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup agave nectar or regular sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- dash hot sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large bowl.
- Place cooked shrimp in a large resealable bag and pour in marinade mixture. Seal and chill for 8-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Serve on a platter over lettuce (I used arugula) and serve with toothpicks. You can also serve in single serve glasses with fresh avocado. Garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021